Sign in to follow this  

lets see some homemade parts

How did you cut out those radiator braces?

I made these braces by hand, they are made from aircraft aluminum 2024-T3-alclad.

it's really strong, and very light max 120g for each side

the holes I made with a tool (home made) to strengthen the profile, the angelede edges makes it really strong

the bends have to be made in a machine :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/danielvagn/my%20bike/radiator_guard.jpg

I had a 97 KLX300 that I made an exhaust tip and after installing a bicycle speedo I machined the speedo adapter smooth since I had removed the cable.

DaveH

EXtip.jpg

speedo.jpg

Moddrive.jpg

Dustcover.jpg

Finally finished the bike stand. Plans from AutoCAD tomorrow.

P1000168resized.jpg

Bought the Rubber Mat from OSH for 4 bucks. Rustoleum Professional paint/Primer, and Pro Anti-Slip paint for the foot.

P1000169resized.jpg

With a lil Lincoln SP-175

P1000171resized.jpg

Grade 8 1/4" hardware, used Nylon washers anywhere where there would be metal to metal contact.

P1000174resized.jpg

Note the SS sheet metal between the tubes. This cuts down on the wear, will cut down on rust, and reduced the play to nothing. Bike doesn't rock the stand when in the extended posistion, it's SUPER sturdy.

P1000176resized.jpg

Feet on the bottom on each end allowed me to adjust the wobble by grinding each one down.

You will also note that when posistioned under the bike, the top is only as wide as the skid plate, and is almost as long as the skidplate. This picks up both tires evenly, and the bike doesn't rock front to back, or side to side. Having the top plate as wide as the skidplate also makes for easier oil/coolant changes.

-Phill

Hey nice stand. I made one like that too last season. It really is good thinking. It cost me about $4.99 for that rubber mat, and just used scrap metal to build it. I did not use CAD though, just some good old welding....I kind of used the FMF version as a guide line and went from there....nice parts everyone, looking good. :lol: Sorry its not a close up, but you get the idea....

0000205oi4.jpg

Hey nice stand. I made one like that too last season. It really is good thinking. It cost me about $4.99 for that rubber mat, and just used scrap metal to build it. I did not use CAD though, just some good old welding....I kind of used the FMF version as a guide line and went from there....nice parts everyone, looking good. :lol: Sorry its not a close up, but you get the idea....

0000205oi4.jpg

Yeah, 5 bucks for the mat for me, and It cost me about 20 bucks or so in metal, and I have enough to do two stands...

I do get the sheet metal here at work, so that helped out. I also had a lot of 1.25X.25 flat bar so that helped out.

What's great is it's really light. You would think that some 16 gauge square tubing wouldn't support squat, but it's really sturdy (and really light)

Here are some I have made for my bike.

rear shark fin:

159275260.jpg

Case saver for a 98 YZ125 that I recently sold:

151526732.jpg

Homemade power now for my edelbrock qwiksilver carb (made the parts and had someone laser weld it, thanks M.P.):

134389415.jpg

Enrichening lever for my qwicksilver (the stock was 180 degrees off and a pain to reach):

99271976.jpg

Trail tech computer mount:

64460694.jpg

64460763.jpg

Tie down/headlight brackets (stock headlight would not fit onto the CR125 forks I mounted up):

117427102.jpg

117427098.jpg

Lower fork protectors made from PVC pipe for my stock forks Thanks to the idea from NOS:

47929229.jpg

I also made a forwad facing bracket for my helmet cam that replaces one of my engine mounts and a rear facing bracket. Here is a video I made with some of the forward footage, I wasn't able to get any from the rear.

Don't laugh, this video was some buddies and I having a little fun at my inlaws. Just a bunch of trail riders having fun on 48 acers of private property :confused: But since I made the video, it is mostly of me :lol:

The video

Skid plate,Frame Guards,Radiator Braces,Heat Sheild on Mid Pipe.

zeldahospjvcycle019.jpg

zeldahospjvcycle018.jpg

zeldahospjvcycle020.jpg

zeldahospjvcycle022.jpg

This is my new bike Skid Plate only.

wrbike006.jpg

wrbike003.jpg

here's my "home made" headlight for my XR250.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=28649

lights are from an old honda sportbike. did the mounting brackets by myself. a friend made the carbon fiber number plate.

any tips on how to do that... instructions??

the subtank for the forks that is..

I made the tanks my self, but any strong container that can hold good pressure, and with a volume around 60cc will do.

the valves is limiting the air flow out of the fork, and giving free flow back, they are prettty common to use for phnumatic systems. the hoses are normal airpressure hoses and fittings, used for industrial machines.

I made a bushing/fitting for the fork vent hole, so I didn't have to drill the hole larger.

I found the instruction here on TT :lol:

They work really good :confused:

subtanks.jpg

Skid plate,Frame Guards,Radiator Braces,Heat Sheild on Mid Pipe.

zeldahospjvcycle019.jpg

zeldahospjvcycle018.jpg

zeldahospjvcycle020.jpg

zeldahospjvcycle022.jpg

This is my new bike Skid Plate only.

wrbike006.jpg

wrbike003.jpg

JSV, very nice touch putting a bead on the skid plate trailing edge!~! Some REALLY nice stuff you guys have homemade.!~!~!~!~!

JSV, very nice touch putting a bead on the skid plate trailing edge!~! Some REALLY nice stuff you guys have homemade.!~!~!~!~!

Thanks, That bead you see is where I doubled up the thickness on the bottom . Heres what the bottom looks like.

wrbike005.jpg

For those that want plans:

I have the base and foot piece drawn on CAD, but I need to finish the base. I was out of town today.

I will finish them tomorrow and host them. Format is in AutoCAD2000. I can save in a older format, if you guys need to, let me know.

-Phill