Where to buy tires?

I don't think tires qualify for free shipping:thumbsdn:

I almost always order my tires from Southwest Moto Tires. They have very competitive pricing and if you order two tires the shipping is free. You have to watch most of the other vendors that appear to beat SW Moto because the other vendors will almost always makeup the difference (and more) with their extra shipping costs.

I have been using them for years and their turn around is quick (usually two to three days to my door). The only time I don't use them is when they are out of stock and I need the tires now.

I just bought two tires for my DR650. Looked at most of the sites. Went with www.bikebandit.com. They had the best selection of tires to choose from and were the cheapest after shipping and handleing was figured. Tires were on my door step in two days after ordering with normal delivery. Tire date codes were from this year as well.

X2!

I ordered two tires on a Wednesday, when I came home Friday they were on my porch.

I have to agree with Robert Field. Don't waste your time at Cycle Gear. I waited 3 weeks for a tire and they still did not have it in. I cancelled the order and bought the tire from the dealer just down the street. 2 weeks later they called to say my tire was in. It is probably still there.

I have to agree with Robert Field. Don't waste your time at Cycle Gear. I waited 3 weeks for a tire and they still did not have it in. I cancelled the order and bought the tire from the dealer just down the street. 2 weeks later they called to say my tire was in. It is probably still there.

I just got an email from cycle gear yesterday saying that they no longer accept paypal.

I kinda use ebay/paypal as my play money & this puts a damper on that.

FYI - Motorcycle Superstore has wasted my time for the last time.

I ordered an Avon Gripster rear that they said was in stock - took me three weeks to get it, three weeks for an instock item. After the fourth or so email it finally shipped.

Last week I ordered Pro Taper KX bars, grips and hand guards, they have yet to leave the warehouse - and they have everything listed as "In stock".

I will not be doing business with them again..

Take a look at www.sporttour.com for tires. They've recently started carrying DR-specific stuff too.

Sarah

I've had the best luck with Ridenow.com and Chaparral-racing.com

I ordered my latest DR tires from imotorcyclestore.com because they had a great price and free shipping. 2 weeks after the order, I received 1 tire which was wrong (size and brand). I called them every day for at least a week and kept getting "you'll get the tires soon" and "our system crashed". Finally about 1 month after my original order, I got my tires. The guy that owns the place was nice enough and very apologetic so I really couldn't find it in myself to scream at him, but it was a very frustrating situation. I will probably avoid using them in the future.

I just got a set of Duro's from Dennis Kirk. They matched the price from AMT and beat the shipping by $2.

FYI - Motorcycle Superstore has wasted my time for the last time.

I ordered an Avon Gripster rear that they said was in stock - took me three weeks to get it, three weeks for an instock item. After the fourth or so email it finally shipped.

Last week I ordered Pro Taper KX bars, grips and hand guards, they have yet to leave the warehouse - and they have everything listed as "In stock".

I will not be doing business with them again..

Same thing for me. They did offer a great price and th shipping was free. I ordered on a Friday morning around 8 a.m. The tire was in stock to be shipped in 2-3 business days. So I figured it would ship no later than Tues. Guess they take a 4 day weekend. It shipped on Thurs and arrived the next Wed. Glad I was not in a pinch. I will not order from them again.