Sign in to follow this  

06 CRF 250 on the way, what are some must do's?

Chain, change that chain straight away for a good quality one not the junk stock one from the factory.

Oh yeah, I meant to add the chain thing. I had a 426 back in the day that ate through the stock crap in no time so when I bought a CRF 450 i just put a good chain on it and the sprockets lasted a good long time. I'm really not new to Honda's or the CRF line but just wanted to see what has come along that is new that I haven't kept up with. Thanks for the help guys, again, TT rules.

forget braces get flatland cages

sorry but no way! restrict airflow way too much

go with these http://www.mooseracing.com/catalog.jsp?level1=1359&level2=1377&level3=1389&product_group_id=4856

moose racing came out with em not too long ago and they are the most heavy duty, solid designed, best bang for the buck guards out there

very thick and have extra support bars and let you keep the oem plastic guards

(it is very,very rare for something like a stick to go through the plastic and poke a hole in your rad)

So that's the best everyone can do for this??

The best thing you can do to the 06 is send your carb to tokyomods.com... Absolutely no bog or even a hint of hesitation anymore. Unbelievable throttle response. Best bang for the buck by far!!!

I tried everything... Completely re jetting, carb insert/sleeve, quickshot, power now, Free AP mod (which does work well) but nothing compares to the tokyomods carb mod.

Compared to the TM carb mod the quickshot and power now are a total waste of money!

Do the items mentioned above and regrease everything. There is never enough from the factory, esp the steering stem bearings. Go ride the damn thing and have fun!

I know about the grease, have done that on all of my new bikes. Friends have thought I was weird when they came over only to see my new bike in pieces. They then see how little grease comes on the bike from the factory and rush to do their bikes that they've been riding for months.

Check your spokes and check them often, for at least the first 3 or 4 days that you go riding. After that they should stay in place, but they come loose a lot during your first few days of riding.

1)twin air cage& filter,makes life easier,breaths better.

2)52 rear sprocket&good chain

3)apllied vent kit,boyesen quickshot,fuel screw&properly adjusted=no bog

4)hard breakin,change oil 1st ride,then use moly oil on engine side

5)get valve spec baseline after breakin,adjust if necessary

6)ride it,love it,maintain it.

thats what i did,no problems,#87

Very good. I recently saw a kit that reroutes the crankcase vent so that it doesn't empty into your airboot. It makes sense to me. Does anyone have one of these?

Are you running these? Do you know how they compare to the Works Connection ones?

sorry but no way! restrict airflow way too much

go with these http://www.mooseracing.com/catalog.jsp?level1=1359&level2=1377&level3=1389&product_group_id=4856

moose racing came out with em not too long ago and they are the most heavy duty, solid designed, best bang for the buck guards out there

very thick and have extra support bars and let you keep the oem plastic guards

(it is very,very rare for something like a stick to go through the plastic and poke a hole in your rad)

yes 426,venting oil mist into air boot helps make bike bog,applied kit-20$,it helps crispen response,its the details that make a good refinement of a great machine.