Sign in to follow this  

Taylor Park Pass

I have read through a couple of threads where I am led to believe some sort of pass is requitred to ride Taylor Park now? Am I interpeting this correctly? Where do i get a pass?

Mark

I have read through a couple of threads where I am led to believe some sort of pass is required to ride Taylor Park now? Where do i get a pass?
Gottcha! :confused:

Please read carefully...

Previously mumbled: Taylor Park has been permantly closed.

ramz says:

Actually, it's open to those who have a Taylor Park Riding Permit. However, there is now a waiting list to get permits.

Non-residents should go to <toughluck.com> and add their name to the list; you will be notified when your name reaches the top.

CO residents just drop by my house (in Salida) and I'll give you the permit after you pay me the $250 fee. :lol:

TPRP.jpg

What kind of crap is this? it sounds like someone is trying to rip us off! This is criminal extorsion! We have always ridden there for free!

The place is getting too crowded. They are hoping that instituting this will help diminsih the amount of people that go there.

This is the best I've seen in a while. Kudos Rick. Cant blame a guy for trying to supplement his income and keep the Texans and Okies out at the same.

Sorry, I got an e-note on Friday from the CO OHV Ride Permit Dept that K-wad permits have been suspended indefinitely.

It seems that too many K-wad applicants couldn't spell their :lol::confused:

Oops, did I just say that. I hope the mods don't censor it :crazy:

Hey now, I happen to know a few good Texas boys. As far as Okies, well, I know one that needs to change his Avatar location info.

This is the best I've seen in a while. Kudos Rick. Cant blame a guy for trying to supplement his income and keep the Texans and Okies out at the same.

Glad I bought mine before the price went up. :lol:

Me too, just will have to pay the "repatriation" fee upon my return to CO.

Me too, just will have to pay the "repatriation" fee upon my return to CO.

I believe, but I will have to check, but I think once you leave you are not allowed back. I'll check into it and let you know. How's the weather down there?

I believe, but I will have to check, but I think once you leave you are not allowed back.

Especially true with ex bolder hippies

Especially true with ex bolder hippies

Good thing I am an original Virginia Redneck then! :lol:

I believe, but I will have to check, but I think once you leave you are not allowed back. I'll check into it and let you know. How's the weather down there?

Ha!

Austin is shut down for the second day in a row due to some freezing rain.

I actually went to work yesterday and the drive was great, no idiot TX drivers on the roads!

Got sent home from work yesterday at 2PM and delayed until at least 12 today.

Too funny.

I believe, but I will have to check, but I think once you leave you are not allowed back.
Yesterday, January 15, 2007, Governor Ritter signed the "U-leave, U-lewz" Executive Order as his first official duty as governor.

The order states: "Once you leave the state and relinquish state residency, and then wish to return, upon application to the state of Colorado, your name will be placed at the bottom of the State Resident Waiting List". There are some requirements noted in the bill: K-wad limitations, convicted felons and sex offenders exclusions, severe Greenie limitations and others. OHV users get 'preference points', but they're only good for a jump of ten spots up the list.

I checked on the CO web site, and the list has over 11,000 names on it right now. They're anticipating only a few hundred will be admitted per year for the foreseeable future because of Front Range water issues. There is a Western Slope option, but even that route is just a trickle, with only about 300 per year coming in. :crazy:

Psst - it's getting worse, too. I heard the State Legislature is considering passing the "CO State Visitor's Limitation Bill"; can only guess what that's about, but it doesn't sound good for visitors. :lol:

:confused: