2007 KTM EXE450 or 525 already obsolete!

I was looking at a KTM250 SXF the other day up close and i have to say those look to be very well designed machines. The fit and finish were VERY good and the entire package looked very well thought out. And get this, they are even supposed to turn now too!

On that 450 int he pix, did they redesign the single cam motor as that does not look like the new dual cam motor int he SX, odd.

Greg, have you seen them in real life? Other than the truncated rear side plates i think it is a very hansom bike. I'm not big into Orange but there is a lot more black now and the orange is like an accent.

K

I was looking at a KTM250 SXF the other day up close and i have to say those look to be very well designed machines. The fit and finish were VERY good and the entire package looked very well thought out. And get this, they are even supposed to turn now too!

On that 450 int he pix, did they redesign the single cam motor as that does not look like the new dual cam motor int he SX, odd.

Greg, have you seen them in real life? Other than the truncated rear side plates i think it is a very hansom bike. I'm not big into Orange but there is a lot more black now and the orange is like an accent.

K

I rode this weekend with two guys that both had 07 250 xcf-w. I'm not a fan of the black rims, but everything else was very sharp.

R

The RFS will hardly be obsolete. It is a great engine and is highly reliable and makes great power right outta the box. I wish my Husky was as easy to dial in as my KTM is. Honestly, owning both, my 525 KTM spanks my 610 Husky, but it should. I like both for what they were made for.

Both the Husky and the KTM are trick. The KTM is ugly, I don't like so much black !

The 625 KTM does not compare to the 610 Husky. The Husky is way lighter, has a sixth gear and I can ride it for an hour without my feet and hands going numb ! Ride them both and you will see what I'm talking about.

The RFS is awesome and proven and I would want to wait and see how the reliability is on the new motor before I jumped on the band wagon.

The quality control on the Husky is a joke. I never had to take a new KTM apart and correct a bunch of mistakes from the factory.

I have not ridden the 510 Husky but it would have to be some machine to smoke the 525 KTM ! Maybe one day I will find out.

I think that Husky has an opportunity to be on a par with KTM overall but the

management at Husky has a lot of work to do. Both are good in their own ways.

Good luck !

Happy Trails !!!!

STS.

I don't think so. The current 450 and 525 will remain as strong as ever. They might improve in 08, who knows though.

I feel sorry for anyone that is going to purchase a 2007 KTM EXE450 or 525 because they are going to be worthless next year when they switch to to the new Motocross platform

Unless the new ones are cheaper, witch I doubt they will be, the current exc's will probably still pull good $$$.

I'd guess retail on the new generation bikes would go up at least $2-300.00, that would put the 525 @ aprox $8500.00-$8600.00 BEFORE fees & tax. :confused:

(All I know is, I see a PDS rear shock so I'm not interested ? .......I don't care what color it is!)

K

Ride

This is a different engine then the 450SXF, the SXF twin cam is Estart only, no counterbalancer and I don't think it had the space for a longer stroke the the ultra short 59mm I beleive is what the 450/505 has

New EXC type will have counterbalancer, K and Estart, other then that I look forward to see what they change, currently lots of guys messing with strokers & such as finding main bearings are over the limit so will they make the new RFS bigger/tougher in the bottom end? Or will they limit it in stroke to say 70mm and motovate the big inch guys to run the big 690 motor they recently introduced for Motard. Whatever I am impressed by how many net engines they are introducing in a short period. My only complaint with KTM, when they have a problem rather then fix it the argue that it does not exist. That was the same way as the Swedes of the old Husky

Isnt that part of the selling technique. To look more like the factory race bikes, i know if i had enough money my son would have one in a heart beat just because of that fact alone. imho husky and ktm do make the nicest looking offroad bikes available and also load them up with quality components.Maybe ktm are trying to loose the nickname pumkins.