Sign in to follow this  

Should I buy this 2001 yz250f

heres the add:

2001 YZ250F. Pro circuit T-4, Siezedd!!! rough shape, bent left fork, GREAT winter investment. Will consider any offers or trade for nintendo wii/playstation 3

How much should I offer him or is it not even worth it. I want a bike to rebuild but I'm thinkin I might have to sink a grand into it and it could be like a new bike after it rebuilt.

Thanks,

mike

well if you want to put some money into it go for it....but id find a differnt bike

i would say buy it, if it comes with a hot chick and allot of beer. oh and only if the price is like $200 bucks. If you could get it for $200 you could sell the good parts on ebay to make some cash. but fixing it up would not be worth it.

Something my Dad always told me : Don't throw good money after Bad .

If you owned a shop with all the tools and access to wholesale parts , Maybe otherwise , absolutely not .:lol:

I wouldnt do it. If you fixed it up to almost new condition you will never even come close to recovering your money later.That bike has proably been ridden to within a inch of its life. If there is that much major things wrong with it i would be suspicious of other things that are bad. Its not worth the effort. Start with something in better shape.

Bascially what everyone else is saying. If you can get parts cheap, and have the technical background to do ALL the work, you might be able to get into cheap enough (like $300-400) to come out with an OK bike. Otherwise, if you have to pay retail for parts and would have to have somebody work on it, FORGET IT.

thanks for the input, i'm not going to buy that bike, I was looking at the cost of the parts and its pretty exspensive. I was looking to find a 250 two stroke to rebuilt anyways, because 2 smokes are a lot cheaped and easier to rebuild.

I would give him $500 or whatever a video game thing costs and do like others said and sell it all on ebay. Then with the good money you made you can buy a nicer bike :lol::confused:

a new engine costs around $2500 for that price you could almost get a used decent bike..

I wouldnt buy broken stuff just because when you work on it and something goes wrong or you cant get a part it means the whole bike does not work and you are stuck with a pile of .......

get a decent bike thats working so you can ride more instead of fixing more....

shoulda sold the PS3 immediately on abya, made a good profit, forgot about the wii, bought the 360 instead, and buy a nice white 07