Finally finished rebuilding my 81 XR200R

So when does the work on that bad ass 400 start? or has it allready? and what are you going to do to it?

Work has already begun. It will be taken completely apart, the frame needs a little attention and will be powder coated, the motor will be rebuilt, all of the plastic will be replaced with black plastic and I might use an Aloop tank and seat combo. When it's done it will look like a motard bike and since it's street licensed it will be used more for street riding than dirt.

• 6 months later...

Hey fordfreak, you out there? Just wanted to let you know that I let a buddy of mine ride the bike a couple of months ago and he liked it sooo much, he wanted to buy it. I said no of course but then about a month later I came across a deal on a CBR600. I'm sorry to say I let it go. It went to a good home and we go out riding as much as we can. We hope to take a trip in November to Stonyford in norcal, most likely an overnighter. Well, i guess it's back to work on the XR400.:crazy:

Wow I can't believe you sold it! I am shocked. Now you definitely have to get that 400 going. I love mine but am not getting to ride it enough. I am still working on my trailer, but I havn't had much time lately. We are hoping to get out for a ride in the next few weeks.

For a rear fender I used a universal UFO fender and cut it to fit properly. It came out pretty good.

I need to get a new carb my housing has some problems with it that caused my float to hang open. The ears that hold the float rod are broken off from corrosion. So I will be searching one of those out very soon.

I think I saw some on ebay awhile back. Or you might want to try one of those new ones that have an accelerator pump built in. I heard they work quite well. I just got a set of black Acerbis side cover from a guy on ebay. They are very hard to find and even though they show them on the Acerbis web site, they are no longer available. I really lucked out, they're in very good shape. Now all I have to do is to start tearing down the XR400.

Wow, I'm really impressed! Great job!

Thanks, I had alot of fun building that bike. I hope my next project bike looks half as good as that one did. It's a XR400. I hope to make it look like a motard. Of course it will be all black with the Aloop kit on it. It's street licensed so I'll use it for the street for the most part.:crazy:

Heck even the cops split the lanes here on the freeways. I think it is legal if you are between the fast lane and the lane next to it. I will check into it and be sure first though.

That's exactly what I thought, but the county sheriff told me no.:crazy:

• 1 year later...