Old Guys

? One of the best posts on this site,theres:applause: wisdom right there in that post,im in my 30s and feel stronger than i did at 20.

Thanks, brooko. I'm with ya on that ^ ^ ^ ^ way stronger....physically AND mentally.

Wisdom? (shhhh...I've got a twisted & mangled reputation to protect! :confused: )

? Really nothing more than being a good watcher & listener...then applying the lessons in what's been observed....like the time I watched a riding buddy spend a solid five minutes chasing down and catching a three or four-foot long rattlesnake, then teasing it endlessly holding it by the tail, dodging it's every strike. The lesson from that observation was "To hell with the snake, stay away from him...he's dangerous!" :crazy:

Well, I guess we know SoB's hearing aide is working fine!?

Hey, SoB.... CAN YOU HEAR ME KNOW :confused:

So, SoB....when you me and S_K get together for a ride... please don't take it personal if I happen to run over you...its that I just didn't see you were there or hear you coming. WOn't be any big deal to me, as I probably won't remember doing it anyway!!!

:crazy: Naaaa.....wouldn't be any hard feelings.....that "providing traction" scenario works both ways! (wouldn't be the first time I crawled home with tire tracks across my back.....the main reason I don't do ice racing!)

...like the time I watched a riding buddy spend a solid five minutes chasing down and catching a three or four-foot long rattlesnake, then teasing it endlessly holding it by the tail, dodging it's every strike. The lesson from that observation was "To hell with the snake, stay away from him...he's dangerous!"?

OH! You saw twoblackbelts in action?:confused:

you're right, stay away from that guy, he is dangerous

I've been helping several kids locally with skills/techniques/physical training over the past several seasons. Last year, one of them finally whupped me in a head to head 20 minute duel. He is a pretty good kid but is only 16 years old. He lives right next to the track and rides every single day. He doesn't have a job...even part-time in the summer and buddy..............HE knows EVERYTHING.

He was so happy and proud of himself. He talked long and loud about how he had finally beaten me. We had a sizable group around us of mostly kids his age. I congratulated him and shook his hand. He started in bragging again how he had finally beaten a "slow old man". At this point, my own kids began backing away :crazy: ........I kept a cool noogin' and just simply said......"Yeah, that's quite an accomplishment, your what...... 16, I'm 39.......do you realize there is a bigger gap in our age than you are years old ."

All the youngsters, were like.....wooooooo,........let's just say it deflated that bulging ego pretty quickly.

You see old age and treachery do overcome youth and skill.....EVERYTIME.

He was so happy and proud of himself. He talked long and loud about how he had finally beaten me.

"Let's go play in the rock garden kid". That usually shuts them up fast.

I honestly believe the older you are, the better you are on the super nasty trails.?

I'll never forget last year when 4 motoX kids entered our local hare scramble. They were probably around 18 riding cr250's and trash talking everybody there claiming that we were nothing but trail riders. They were insulting all the bikes that had broken plastic, dented rims, bent pipes, etc with riders in every different combination of gear in existence. Naturally all of their bikes were absolutely perfect and they were wearing all matching gear. These guys were swilling Red Bull like it was water and didn't have Camelbaks. My riding buddy bet them $25 each that all of them would DNF. Of course they looked at the "Old" man, who is only 67, and laughed at him.

It had rained the night before and the organizers had set it up with a lot of hills, roots, rocks and a 200 yard rocky muddy nightmare creek bottom. It was around 95 degrees out and horribly humid. Only one of them finished the first lap, the other three DNF'd.

Amazingly they were very good sports about it and complimented the "Old" man. They all said they couldn't believe how much energy and skill it took to ride off road. "Old" man didn't take their money even though they freely offered.

PS: "Old" man had the 4th fasted lap out of 230 riders. Impressive indeed. :confused:

When the youngsters start telling me how good they are I invite them to ride the old 360 Greeves. That puts them in there place.

Wish I knew then how much I'd miss my old 250, wonder if it's still in one piece...

I'm not a youngster but i would jump on that offer.?

Here ya go, try not to drool in your porridge:

http://www.realclassic.co.uk/newsfiles/news06011700.html

I just joined this site yesterday (maybe the day before--I can't remember) anyway, it looks like some pretty good stuff here. My 35 year old son just bought a KLR 650 a couple of weeks ago and he just talked me into getting a KLR 250 which I got this past weekend !!! In 1971 I bought my first Suzuki 250 enduro and had that for about 3 years with a lot of trail riding with my buddies. My boys all grew up with Honda 75s or 80s and now their boys have the exact same sizes 75s and 80s !!!!

We will be going to Ocala Nat. Forest this weekend to hit some trails--I'll let you know how that turns out if I can still type while in traction !!!

Wish me luck

I just joined this site yesterday (maybe the day before--I can't remember) anyway, it looks like some pretty good stuff here.

We will be going to Ocala Nat. Forest this weekend to hit some trails--I'll let you know how that turns out if I can still type while in traction !!!

Wish me luck

With no intention of being condescending, my advice would be to wait and do the typing after you're back home...while in traction, you'll really need to have both hands on the bars, lest the 250 get away from you, causing a bad injury...:confused:

Welcome to the psycho ward!?