Liscense Plate holder for 07 WR's ????

I just got my plate for my 2007 WR450 and am looking for a way to attach it. since they changed thier light from 06-07 I don't know where to get a plate holder. Any Ideas?

How difficult was it for you to get the 07 plated? I have an 05 that I would like to convert to a dual sport.

How the *&^%$ did you go about getting it plated. This is the thread i've been waiting for. I want to buy the 07 but havent seen one plated in cali yet. I have an 99 wr400 plated and don't want to give up the plate until I know that theres at least a chance to get a plate on the 07. PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE fill me in on your process as much as possible or if you don't want the info out. Please PM me. Your secret is safe with me. Thanks in advance.

shoot son just make one. Heck, even that GYT-R one looks homemade.?

That first one has a bada$$ lookin' taillight but the rest of it is really overkill. You could always buy the Baja Designs Universal taillight/breaklight/license plate holder. Bright as heck and it looks good to boot. I've got one on my YZ400F; pics in my garage.

How the *&^%$ did you go about getting it plated. This is the thread i've been waiting for. I want to buy the 07 but havent seen one plated in cali yet. I have an 99 wr400 plated and don't want to give up the plate until I know that theres at least a chance to get a plate on the 07. PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE fill me in on your process as much as possible or if you don't want the info out. Please PM me. Your secret is safe with me. Thanks in advance.

It passes for green sticker, has all the emissions stuff on it. Id think all you need is some DOT tires, a mirror, horn, signals, and a plate holder. Then have the DMV inspect it, and probably SMOG it, and youd get a plate.

It passes for green sticker, has all the emissions stuff on it. Id think all you need is some DOT tires, a mirror, horn, signals, and a plate holder. Then have the DMV inspect it, and probably SMOG it, and youd get a plate.

Dude,

We live in Cali. it takes an act of congress to get a plate on a bike out here.

There are two parts to getting bikes dual sported in Cali.

Part one -

Light Inspection - must have headlight, low/highbeam, tail/brakelight, horn, mirror, dot tires, and turn signals.

Part two - Vin Verification -

Verify Vin # - They just read it off the frame and write it down.

Verify Engine # - they just read it and write it down.

Verify Emmisions - this is the tricky part!!! You must get them to check the box that says, "Vehicle Meets California Standards Only"

You can get a highway patrolmen, dealer vin verifier, or someone from the DMV to fill out this form. I reccomend getting a couple of them in case you have to go to a couple people to get the right box checked. If they check any other box in the emmisions part you will walk out with a plate, but they will call you in two weeks and tell you to bring it back!!!!!

I am the CA dual sport master!

I just got off the phone with Yamaha. They said that I am unable get that part in the USA. The gal on the phone said that it might not fit the U.S. models if the tailight is different, which I really dout. Is there any way I can get one of those bought and mailed to me? I will pay for shipping and everything.

I think I have a solution to the license plate holder for an 07. I haven't built it yet but have the materials.

I'm going to make a holder from a flexible plastic roof vent I got at Lowes - the part I'm going to use has a 30 degree bend in it already so it will be perfect for the plate. The holder itself will be mounted to the bottom of the taillight using the existing taillight mounting holes, but with longer screws. The turn indicators will be afixed to either end of a semi flexible piece of fuel hose that will be mount to the lic plate holder (and the plate) via conduit mounting brackets. It will all be neat and durable and function well with the stock taillight.

I'll post pics when its done.