Shop Manual for Download?

A buddy cracked his XR400 left side case cover over the weekend. Step one for us to fix it is get the manual. Does anyone know if it can be downloaded free, much like the XR650 manual can? Any info or link would be appreciated.

It can be. I downloaded it and printed it off (took around a ream of paper), can't remember where I got it from though, gonna have to search for it.

Did you download a 650R or a 650L manual? I want to get one for my dad's 650L.

That link is dead. The XR400 Service Manual PDF gets published for a while, and then gets shut down, but there is more than one link here in the XR forum.

There's some guy on eBay selling the same Honda Service manual printed on paper for 24 bucks. Isn't that blatant copyright infringement? He's selling about 30 different manuals that I think he just prints up from the PDFs.

That link is dead. The XR400 Service Manual PDF gets published for a while, and then gets shut down, but there is more than one link here in the XR forum.

There's some guy on eBay selling the same Honda Service manual printed on paper for 24 bucks. Isn't that blatant copyright infringement? He's selling about 30 different manuals that I think he just prints up from the PDFs.

Did you try the one on the last page? It worked for me before I posted.

Edit: Mckee got it.

It can be. I downloaded it and printed it off (took around a ream of paper), can't remember where I got it from though, gonna have to search for it.

Did you download a 650R or a 650L manual? I want to get one for my dad's 650L.

The one I saw posted was for the "R" but the "L" is probably out there somewhere.

I have the store-bought shop manual, which is worth it because of the quality. The bootleg version I saw looked like it was done by someone with a wobbly scanner that had WAY too much time on their hands.

The one I saw posted was for the "R" but the "L" is probably out there somewhere.

I have the store-bought shop manual, which is worth it because of the quality. The bootleg version I saw looked like it was done by someone with a wobbly scanner that had WAY too much time on their hands.

Alright, cool. I guess my dad will just have to buy his own manual. I got mine for the cost of a 3" binder and some good quality paper, so I'm happy.

Hell for the $25.00 you should just get the Clymer one. It has a whole lot more words and stuff in it if you're into that reading thing.

www.servicehonda is a great place for parts and fiche views. It's a little tough to navigate the first time but they have the cheapest parts of anywhere I've found. You shouldn't even need the manual to just change out the case. Just number the bolts as they come out so you get them back in the right holes. There's like three or four different lengths.