kf250f oil

I just broke in my KX250F and changed the oil about 30 min. ago for the first time and I used Castrol R4 Superbike (what the manual calls for) 5w-40. I was planning on using Motul but I have heard alot of good things about the Suberbike oil and it happened to be on sale at Cycle gear today so I picked up enough oil and filters for a few oil changes. The guy at store also highly recommended it also. So we'll see, but I feel pretty good about it.

You know i was i cycle gear and that oil was 2.00 off on the internet and the guy said he cant give it to me for that.The instore price is 9.99.So i only bought 1qrt wich i think isnt enough to do even one change.You running the stock paper filters???What do those cost.I have yet to do my 1st oil change.I only have 40min on my bike

I found this tonite somewere http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Oils1.html very intresting article.Its mainly aimed at motorcycles and oils for them.The guy mentions shell rotella several times.He states the top 3 oils for bikes as being Rotella,Mobil delvic 1,mobil 1 SUV. Its a long article but worth reading.

If its been posted before oh well.................. I did a search

hi. i worket 3 years as sales manager at motorex in switzerland, and my experienses ar this. the brand you use is not the importent factor, but how much you change your oil. you can't use the most expensive on and then changing it only after 30 houers, your engine will be blown that way.

A good 10w/40 semi syntetic works verry good. especialy the clutch works better with semi synt. i use castrol now, and it works verry good, but i change mi oilfilter and oil at least every 5 houer. its kind of engine live insurance that way.

michel

You know i was i cycle gear and that oil was 2.00 off on the internet and the guy said he cant give it to me for that.The instore price is 9.99.So i only bought 1qrt wich i think isnt enough to do even one change.You running the stock paper filters???What do those cost.I have yet to do my 1st oil change.I only have 40min on my bike

That is odd. My oil at Cycle gear was $7.99 or $8.99 if I remeber correctly and my filters were $3.99 or $4.99. I know for sure that the oil wasn't $9.99!

• 2 weeks later...

hey buddy i read in motocross magazine last year they did a whole story on

oil for bikes stay away from oil's that have cleaning detergents in them all car oil have them so dont use automotive oil it eat's at the clutch plates(fibers) stay with motocycle oil only they also said if you can afford to change your oil after every other ride then do it bike will run forever me i use amsoil syn 10-40 in the summer and 10-30 in the winter good luck with your choice

VintageRyder-