Sign in to follow this  

Got my aluminum pro II for my 06- have some questions.

Hey guys, got my exhaust in yesterday. White brothers aluminum pro II for 06YZ250F. The instruction sheet says to use the stock bolts for the muffler, however they also supplied two 12 mm bolts that are a bit shorter. The stock bolt that bolts up the exhuast can is too long as it was designed to go through the rubber piece with washers that the stock exhaust can uses. So i used the supplied 12mm botls as the rubber piece that fits into the stock exhaust does not fit into the WB mount, nor does the washer piece. The WB supplied bolts fitted perfecty. Just want to clarify i did the right thing.

And another thing, i also have the radiator lowering kit. I just had to loosen the allen bolt on the bottom of the radiator and push the radiator forward slightly then re-tighten and everything fits fine. The one place it fits really really close is at between the header and the frame behind the radiator, you can literally only fit a piece of paper in between there, its that close, should that be normal also?

Just had the exact same issues with the pipe for an '07. I used the supplied bolt also. Poor instructions included with the pipe. How was the fit with your muffler? I had to push up on it pretty hard to get the bolt holes to line up.

My fit was great, aftermarket exhausts typically do require some fiddling to get them to line up right from all my past experiences (over the last 14-15 years or so!). The only part where its really close is the header to the frame, i could literally only fit a piece of paper in there.

That seems awfully tight Adam, with engine vibration and all, remember the hole you got from the left radiator touching that bolt/clip piece? 1 piece of paper only could cause a dent or hole on the header if it hits the frame, seems too tight... :ride: Can you move it around a bit to get more clearance?

AV, I guess i could try to move around the header just a little bit when i get home but everything has bolted up fine, not sure how much moving around can be done. I will check it this evening and try to post up a pic.

Here is a pic with the stock exhaust just to clarify where i am talking about, i will see if i can post pics of the WB later this evening. See red square. With stock system in this pic, the clearance is fine, but with WB it is much smaller.

eaf1e28d.jpg

Can anyone confirm what the clearance should be like? pic above on where i'm talking about.

i have about an 1/8 inch btwn dr.d and frame. i also had to rotate bottom of rad forward to clear pipe with lowered rad. i also had to shim out rad a bit to keep safe clearance of hoses. the header can be rotated which may give you more room. i had to rotate header down a bit with rad lowering kit. i think that also makes more room between hdr and frame

Here is the stock header - there isn't much room there to begin with...

IMGP3463.JPG

AV, please tell me that pic is when you just got your bike. My frame looks nothing like that now. Anyways yeah i couldn't remember how much room was there to begin with, well with the WB the gap is even smaller there. I'm not sure if loosening the bolts and trying to wiggle the header a bit will make any difference at all but i guess i can try. Anyone else have similar experiences?

My Alum Pro is tighter than stock but its not a paper width away either. I never even checked until I saw this post. If your uncomfortable with it try adjusting it. If you can't get any more clearance get the bike up to operating temp and make sure it isn't touching. If it doesn't touch than you are good to go. The exhaust and frame are not moving parts.

AV, please tell me that pic is when you just got your bike. My frame looks nothing like that now. Anyways yeah i couldn't remember how much room was there to begin with, well with the WB the gap is even smaller there. I'm not sure if loosening the bolts and trying to wiggle the header a bit will make any difference at all but i guess i can try. Anyone else have similar experiences?

lol, yes that was when the bike was brand new. I don't want to show you the frame now... :ride:

Try loosening the WHOLE exhaust system, including the header bolts and silencer, wiggle everything as far back as you can to gain a little more space between the header and the frame - I bet you can get more clearance than just paper thin. :ride:

If nothing else work, hit it with a bigger hammer... :ride:

lol, yes that was when the bike was brand new. I don't want to show you the frame now... :ride:

Try loosening the WHOLE exhaust system, including the header bolts and silencer, wiggle everything as far back as you can to gain a little more space between the header and the frame - I bet you can get more clearance than just paper thin. :ride:

If nothing else work, hit it with a bigger hammer... :ride:

Hey yeah i ain't using no hammer! lol I will try now as we speak and post results of the operation shortly.

I just ordered my white bros a few mins ago :ride:

Hit it with a bigger hammer... :ride:

Hit it with a bigger hammer... :ride:

I'm going to hit it with a sledge hammer. :ride: I hope it transforms my 07 like everyone keeps saying it will. :ride:

I'm going to hit it with a sledge hammer. :ride: I hope it transforms my 07 like everyone keeps saying it will. :ride:

If it doesn't work the first time, hit it again... :ride:

Hey Av and everyone else. Ok i got some more clearance! Av it looks almost like the pic you posted, but just a little less space than your pic.