Magnetic Oil Drain Plug

Does anyone have a resource for a magnetic oil drain plug that will fit my 05 DRZ 400E?

I have a vague memory of someone telling me the stock plug is magnetized.

I have a vague memory of someone telling me the stock plug is magnetized.

It is. Take a closer look next time you change the oil.

It is. Take a closer look next time you change the oil.
I did once after it was mentioned to me. So I didn't bother buying an aftermarket magnetic plug. Although I suppose a spare is a good thing to have.

A spare anything is good to have but that's just me.

I think people go for the bling factor and get the blue ones.

A spare anything is good to have but that's just me.
Me too. Among other things, I have a spare swingarm and linkage.

Stock SM plug Is magnetic!

Thanks all, I'm changing the oil today before I put the new Hyde skid plate on. Will check to see if the original is magnetic. I too, like spares!!!

Me too. Among other things, I have a spare swingarm and linkage.

You dont have an e linkage ya want to sell...do you?

i do pm'd you

the magnetic plug is just as important as the oil filter or even more!!!if you don have it on your standardbike get one if you want your engine to live long and performe well!!

Well, I got the oil change done and the stock drain plug is magnetic. Sorry to waste your time. The strength of the magnet was minimal. I'll have to trust Suzuki on that one. Checked the oil screen for the first time to find it fairly clean. Ordered a new drain plug from ZT. I used Amsoil Synthetic Motorcycle Oil 10W-40. Can I ask if anyone has had any experience with it or is that another thread? Thanks again for all your help...

Well, I got the oil change done and the stock drain plug is magnetic. Sorry to waste your time. The strength of the magnet was minimal. I'll have to trust Suzuki on that one. Checked the oil screen for the first time to find it fairly clean. Ordered a new drain plug from ZT. I used Amsoil Synthetic Motorcycle Oil 10W-40. Can I ask if anyone has had any experience with it or is that another thread? Thanks again for all your help...

Don't ask people in here what oil to use it can be a touchy subject. Amsoil should be just fine

Spares are good to have but be careful, I had a spare girlfriend once, didn't work out well.

Not one I want to sell.

-dj- got you covered I hope.

Not one I want to sell.

-dj- got you covered I hope.

We talkin'....Thanks!