Just bought Renthal FATBAR...need help mounting

Went to get my DRZ inspected at the local dealership and came home with Renthal Fatbars for $50.00. I couldn't resist buying them because I was already in the market and the price was a better than fair deal.

Now where do I find the Handlebar clamp kit that will fit my DRZ 400s?

What is the best way to mount handguards, it looks like I will need to buy the pro taper mounting kit for my guards. Is this correct?

Thanks alot for the help

Where does the ignition switch mount when using the universal clamps?

Do the tusk clamps allow for the ignition switch to be mounted?

I would love to see a photo of the ignition switch mounted with the universal clamps using Fatbar or pro taper?

Using the Cycra pro bends, do you purchase the Pro taper mounts or the renthal tapers for the mounting for handguards?

the tusk clamps dont have the same bolt pattern as our ignition bracket. i have mine mounted to the top triple clamp as do others on this site. S4021564new.jpg

as for the pro bends im not sure what ones you need. i bought the ones for the stock bars, when i got new bars, the clamps needed to be opened up but everything else was good. im sure someone will have the info you need.

i believe there are two sizes for handle bars, 7/8" and 1" / big / fat. most all aftermarket supplyers will offer something in both sizes. there are many optins, such as, no change, raised, raised and forword... shop around and order acordingly.

anybody have cycra triple mounts and the ignition relocated on the triple clamp. just got some fatbars trying to figure out a place for the ignition ,,,

Are the adapters caps different than the OEM caps?...why won't it bolt up like normal?

I used Moose adapters for my Renthal RC Highs Twinwall. Love the new set up.

noob question,

When you buy the fat bars don't you have to replace all the stuff that mounts to the bars? New throttle, new clutch, front-brake, etc? If not, how do you get the 7/8" clamps to fit the 1+" bars? If so, what is the real/total cost for the upgrade?

GK

GK

noob question,

When you buy the fat bars don't you have to replace all the stuff that mounts to the bars? New throttle, new clutch, front-brake, etc? If not, how do you get the 7/8" clamps to fit the 1+" bars? If so, what is the real/total cost for the upgrade?

GK

GK

its only fat in the middle part and tapers off to 7/8

u just need to replace the bar clamp

Thanks!

Has anyone found a universal clamp that is flat on the top which would allow for the ignition switch to be mounted just as it is stock. The problem I see is all the univesal clamps that I have found are not flat on top, and they use recessed allen bolts to tighten to the stock clamp. I guess im going to have to bite the bullet, buy some clamps, then once there in my garage with my bike I will figure out a design that will work.

Has anyone found a universal clamp that is flat on the top which would allow for the ignition switch to be mounted just as it is stock. The problem I see is all the univesal clamps that I have found are not flat on top, and they use recessed allen bolts to tighten to the stock clamp. I guess im going to have to bite the bullet, buy some clamps, then once there in my garage with my bike I will figure out a design that will work.

It really is not that hard. Put the ignition on top and make a spacer. You just need to figure out what length longer bolt to use.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=3457

Here's my setup, with Fatbars and Tag adapters.

I took the ignition bracket off and bent it.

There are 2 holes on the front of the triple clamp that allowed it to bolt up. Both holes don't line up, so I used a washer and clamped the other.

I have seen someone put the ignition back on top of the clamp using longer bolts. Doesn't look as good though.

There's an old post where someone made a new bracket and hung it off the bottom two bolts of the bar clamp.

It's centered and looks clean, but I don't like the key being vulnerable.

Good luck:thumbsup:

I simply made a new ignition switch bracket out of 3/16" aluminum sheet, using the orginal for a template. I duplicated the OEM switch hole and put the mounting hole closest to that in the stock place. I then used my new clamp to locate the farther hole location. A bit of cutting, sanding and polishing later and I got this:

BarClampIgnitionBracket.jpg

I have since re-done it making it a little cleaner looking

...but I don't like the key being vulnerable.

Good luck:thumbsup:

I think the key is vulnerable everywhere. Having a tree smash into the front will take out anything there.:ride: