Sign in to follow this  

S.F. Supercross I need a little advice

Supercross :ride::applause::naughty: YEEEHAAA!!!!!!

So just wondering what you do,I'm comming from NorCal down 101 and was told the best thing was to take a ferry from Tibron to ?:ride: I did a serch, the ferry's end at like 7pm?I can find Tiburon ok but what ferry?to where? or a bus?Just dont know:excuseme: .I do know ,I dont want to fight a that traffic :ride:

:busted::smirk::ride: :ride: :prof::eek::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You could just drive to Daly City and take Bart to the light rail so you don't have to pay 20 bucks to park and deal with the traffic.There really is not much traffic except for getting out of the parking lot.

You can search the ferry schedule, but I think you are out of luck--you'll have to drive and park, drive and BART, drive and bike.....it will be a cluster f**k any way you look at it if you are going home the same night. I don't have good suggestions for you coming down 101, or I'd add em.

Bob,

I believe when I take the ferry from Vallejo, on the weekends the last boat back to Vallejo is 10:45pm. I know it is the same ferry service that runs all of the bay, so the Tiburon run should be the same. Make sure to get off at Pier 1, as it is only about 1/4 mile from SBC Park, a pleasant walk on the Embarcadero.

I've never had much problem getting out of the place . I park about 5 ot 6 blocks away so that I'm not in the same parking lots as most of the people. It is the getting out of the parking lots that is the biggest problem.

My mistake-

I just checked the schedule, they are on a winter schedule with the last boat leaving SF at 7:30pm.

Sorry about the bogus information Bob.

Thanks bro's ,Kinda thought that.I hate city driving.Just a old Willits boy ya know.

I'll have my TT hat on Say hi,I'll be the only gray hedded old dude with the TT hat on.

Bob-

If you really really hate driving in the city, you can cross the bay at San Rafael to Richmond and take the BART in from Richmond to Embarcadero. It will run until midnight. Here is a link to a schedule, keep in mind Saturday hours are a bit different.

http://www.bart.gov/docs/BART010106.pdf

Bob go down and park across the street from the park...its a garage and when you leave you get out the back of the building and into no traffic...and its going to be another blow out so leave with a few laps to go and smooth sailing to the freeway....whatever you do stay out of the parking lots...they suck!!:ride:

How close does BART go to AT&T Park?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but, I beleive it's only 1 or 2 blocks.

Have fun.

Bob go down and park across the street from the park...its a garage and when you leave you get out the back of the building and into no traffic...and its going to be another blow out so leave with a few laps to go and smooth sailing to the freeway....whatever you do stay out of the parking lots...they suck!!:ride:

This is true everywhere!!

Been to the Supercross every year at Pac Bell/AT&T, parked in the lot and getting out after the event has never been an issue.

There are lots of ways out and it is close to several freeways and the longest it ever took was 20-minutes. The key is to get there early (noon is early enough) to get good parking and enjoy the practice and other parking lot activities (beer and food).

One year I got their late and had to park over a mile away in "the docks". Never doing that again. Last year the rain was sort of a bummer and will be again this year. I always wanted to see a mud race, but the pace an action was not what I expected. Looked like a bunch of kids playing in the mud. Bring rain gear.

What not to do: Never go to the Supercross in Las Vegas. They consider a huge un-marked dirt area a parking lot and have no crowd or traffic control. It took me five hours last year to get out to the main road. Even the police laugh about how bad it is. Sure, it was cool to see the season finale with the title fight going that far, but the rest of it sort of stunk. Even the arena is crappy.

So, we parked in the lots and were able to get out without any traffic. It took us literally 3-minutes from the time we got in our car to being on our way.

At the same time, with most of the lots being closed for condo development now, you have to get there early or don't bother.

Next year I will do the Bart.