Sign in to follow this  

Who really likes their Corbin Seat?

I'd like to see who in here relly likes the corbin seat over the Stocker? I have gotten used to the stocker and decided to sell my corbin. The Corbin just feels funny to me. Does anyone in here really like the Corbin over the stocker so much , that they can say it was worth the $300+ bucks?

I can ride my bike without a sore butt. Worth $300? Ask my proctologist!

But seriously, Once it got broken in, I was very happy. My experience has been stockers generally are the same at day 1000 as it was at day 1. Plus, I needed to get the seat down and the Corbin did that for me. Finally, I got it in Red, looks nice on the Black DRZ SM. My kit is all black or Red so it melds nicely.

Still breaking mine in so its still hard as a rock. I guess it did what I got it for it lowered the seat height enough for me to touch the ground comfortably, plus it does look better then the stock seat IMO. I can see how it would be a comfortable seat once broke in. Is it worth $300 only time will tell.

I can ride my bike without a sore butt. Worth $300? Ask my proctologist!

But seriously, Once it got broken in, I was very happy. My experience has been stockers generally are the same at day 1000 as it was at day 1. Plus, I needed to get the seat down and the Corbin did that for me. Finally, I got it in Red, looks nice on the Black DRZ SM. My kit is all black or Red so it melds nicely.

Well,

I took a trip from Knoxville to Nashville once on the Corbin. I guess without it, it would have been a bit more uncomfortable. I just don't see what the $300 got put into. When I ride offroad, I use the stocker and really don't spend much time in the saddle in the dirt. I find that the Corbin, when used offroad, makes it really dificult to get up on the tank for sharp turns. Pretty much the same on the road. When I ride Deals Gap, I like to scoot up on the seat for faster turns, to put weight on the front wheel, the Corbin just feels funny when I do this.

I listed my Corbin for $250, someone can give the Corbin a whirl. As for me, I really have goten used to the stocker seat. I like being able to ride anywhere on the seat that I want. Given, the Corbin does have a much wider basefor your butt to sit on. I can see if you were doing extended riding, where it would better than the stock. I just don't sit in one position for that much time. So it's gotta go.

One more, my wife did say she could tell a differance when on the Corbin. She said it was a bit more comfortable. But the DRZ isn't really meant to take two people accross the country. I guess I'll just have to buy her her own DRZ. Oh well, sacrafices have to be made.

I've had Corbins on my 2 BMWs, 1 of which is a true Adventure Tourer, a 1988 BMW R100GS.

If the Corbin fits your butt, it really is a nice seat as it supports you very well. AND the foam is lifetime guaranteed for the original owner

If you need to move around a lot for control whether it's SM Riding, or fast/heavy off-road riding or racing, any seat bigger than the stock seat, or maybe even better said, bigger than an MX Style Seat, it will limit your movement from front to back and from sitting to standing..........it's just the trade-off that you get with comfort.

I ordered a New Corbin for my DRZ400S from Oneida Suzuki for $263 delivered & insured by UPS. It will be here next week, so when I get the rest of my bike back together, I'll post pics & give you a quick report.

Happy Riding !!

:ride: :ride:

How many miles did you ride on the Corbin?

My wife likes the Corbin too as it is wider thant the stocker.

My seating position (an SM) is always against the tank, I never slide back except to wheelie. That may be why it is so comy, I am always squeezing the shite out of the same spot.

My wife, although she knows how to ride a motorcycle, wants a scooter. One with a white plasitic basket on the front with flowers in it.

I find the stock seat quite comfortable but I am in exceptionally good physical condition with very low bodyfat and developed glutes, the stock seat works great. I can see it giving problems to those with more portly behinds.:ride:

How many miles did you ride on the Corbin?

My wife likes the Corbin too as it is wider thant the stocker.

My seating position (an SM) is always against the tank, I never slide back except to wheelie. That may be why it is so comy, I am always squeezing the shite out of the same spot.

My wife, although she knows how to ride a motorcycle, wants a scooter. One with a white plasitic basket on the front with flowers in it.

I put about 600 miles on the seat, give or take. I don't like it, but that's me.

I find the stock seat quite comfortable but I am in exceptionally good physical condition with very low bodyfat and developed glutes, the stock seat works great. I can see it giving problems to those with more portly behinds.:ride:

Same here.

I had a corbin on my s model for about a year and the seat was very comfortable for longer range riding. I sold it with the bike to my Father in Law and cut down the stocker on my E model. I think the corbin does what it is designed for I just didnt like the shape for trail riding.

I wouldnt bother with a Corbin if I was using the DRZ for mainly offroad-trails.

However, I do a lot of long range touring which includes everything from 500km/day on motorways to trails/offroad/creek crossings etc.

For this the Corbin is a suitable all round seat .

For comfort on long range highway, I would give the stocker 2 out 10, the Corbin 6 out 10 and go get a goldwing or whatever if you want 10 out of 10.

As for price, one could improvise I suppose but is it worth stuffing around. If you keep the bike for say 3 years, $300 is not so bad in the big scheme of things.

I wouldnt bother with a Corbin if I was using the DRZ for mainly offroad-trails.

However, I do a lot of long range touring which includes everything from 500km/day on motorways to trails/offroad/creek crossings etc.

For this the Corbin is a suitable all round seat .

For comfort on long range highway, I would give the stocker 2 out 10, the Corbin 6 out 10 and go get a goldwing or whatever if you want 10 out of 10.

As for price, one could improvise I suppose but is it worth stuffing around. If you keep the bike for say 3 years, $300 is not so bad in the big scheme of things.

Bill......where do you ride a GoldWing in Cambodia????

Shoot, do they even allow them "In Country"":eek:

Happy Riding !!

I have to say the $300 I spent on the Corbin was the 2nd best mod I did to the ZED. Next to the SM wheels.

I did a lot of research, looked through every post I could find and some outside info. I had them add 1" of foam to the entire seat and 2" to the transition right before it goes up onto the tank. I'm a big fella (6'4" 365) and my tail section is fairly well developed too, kinda flat and dimply according to my wife but It would get pretty numb after 1/2 hour.

I was looking for added cruising range so I went for the Corbi and with the mods I had them make it is music to my cheeks. Now I can ride the tank dry. BTw I had them do gripper sides. As I train and do more trail riding I may pop the stocker back on but I hope not, I really like the corbi.

Note: I upped my spring rates f/r and went to 17" wheels which puts me up toward the tank a lot more than I had been before, the thing hugs the turns now. The material I used on the top of the seat was the regular "Mercedes" leather and it is a bit slippery with khaki's on but not bad at all with jeans. Have only done about 100 mi and now its winter in the buckeye state.

Your mileage may differ....

Well, I listed the thing on eBay for $225. No buyers yet. If you all talk me into kepeping it, I might just end the auction and keep it. I did speak with Corbin a few weeks back and they said that they can add some foam to the seat, free of charge. As long as they don't have to use new leather, it's free.

Beemerwolf

No G/wings in Cambodia yet, however they are continually upgrading the roads.

Wouldnt mind a BMW650 as next bike, budget allowing

Still have 1977 R100S back in Oz

Beemerwolf

No G/wings in Cambodia yet, however they are continually upgrading the roads.

Wouldnt mind a BMW650 as next bike, budget allowing

Still have 1977 R100S back in Oz

The current (old) BMW 650s are great. I had a 1998 Funduro & it is a really fun bike. Wish I still had it.

The new BMW 650s will be out soon & look like a really great upgrade. :ride:

Happy Riding!!

Well, I listed the thing on eBay for $225. No buyers yet. If you all talk me into kepeping it, I might just end the auction and keep it. I did speak with Corbin a few weeks back and they said that they can add some foam to the seat, free of charge. As long as they don't have to use new leather, it's free.

I was unhappy with mine too and sent it back to Corbin to get extra padding and a black cover. It took a few calls and a couple of emails but they are going to redo it. I figure I have nothing to loose.:ride: