I'M HOOKED!!!...now have some mod ?s

I picked up a stock 04 CRF50 the other day for $600. I wish I would've bought one along time ago!!!! I just can't stop smiling when riding it around. You take racing so serious on the big bikes it is almost more fun on these little things to go out and bang bars with your buds.

My question to all of you 'experts' is....what are the normal bolt on goods? I have already done the normal (big seat, Red Kenda Millville's, Pro Taper big bar kit). I am just looking for the other options. I probably won't do the big bore kit yet.

What about that breather thing?

How about carb mods to the stock one? ...no airbox?

gearing?

Stock suspension upgrades? (keeping stock hardware?)

Any replies would be great and very helpful!

Thanks for the reply....

I'm 190 lbs and just want it to play on. I'm not planning on racing it....yet. haha I'm just wanting some more clearance and travel.

Sounds like just putting HD springs in the front with longer stock legs and on the rear just a HD spring will help? I really don't want to spend a ton of $ although I would love too just deck it out. You can get crazy with these things.

What about other mods such as HD clutch springs, carb mods, etc.?

i would suggest an ishock over just an HD rear spring, much better for travel.

As for the mods heres a list:

choke mod- take your whole choke assembly out, give about %5-10 more top end. Make sure to fill the hole for the choke rod with a metal filler, choke plug or just get an eraser and shove it in there.

timing mod- take the ignition cover off and mod the magnet so it will slide about 1-2mm down to advance your timing.

spark plug mod- take a dremel and shave off the "L" part of the spark plug so the edge is right over the middle of the electrode.

air box mod - if you dont want to get a uni filter (i recommend over the k&n) then just cut the snorkel portion of the air box off to get more airflow.

Exhaust mod- take the spark arrester out of your pipe

Hotwire mod - unscrew your key and take the whole assembly off (just pull off the wires)

Also these bike comes really rich from the factory so i would drop the clip a couple of knotches to lean it out.

For better descriptions of the mods and pictures go to 50 mods dot com << i dont know why it wouldnt let me post address.

While you've got the lower legs off you can stiffen them with either something you wire together yourself or use the aluminum stiffeners offered by a fellow on eBay. He also offers his own bushing set which greatly tightens up the forks--even brand-new they have a ton of slop. A dirt cheap addition that will help keep from bending the lower legs which are not available separately from Honda, for whatever reason.

Thanks for the replies and it helps!

I took your advice and put on a tall seat, ProTaper kit, Red Millvilles, Peg and mount, Death Grips, graphic kit, and the BBR rev box. I'm still planning to add a straight bolt up air filter (UNI) and HD springs.

I love every mod except I really couldn't tell a difference with the BBR rev box.

I went through all of what you are going through recently. I did the choke plug,air filter, timing advance mod,etc.....ONLY to find it was pretty much a waste of time albeit fun though.....What really, REALLY made me love my FIDDY was the TB big bore kit with race head ! Under 400.00 for that much fun should be illegal!:censored::ride:

ps....If you want to buy any stock stuff, Ive got it all.

• 1 month later...