when/how often do you change your tires

About twice a year...once the slope of the front of the knob is more like a 60 degree angle than a 90 degree angle they need to go...but I make them last until the trip to rocky West Virginia in July each year...S12s go quick in the rocks, so I don't feel bad making it the last ride with a set.

Yep I flip my tires too. I don't mean to impose on the thread but is their anyplace that buys used tires? What I'm getting at will some one take used tires of my hands for a little cash in return, not expecting much but I have no use for tires with 50% tread left.

Always flip your tires, as long as they aren't directional like Kendas.

I'll get a year out of my rear, about 2 out of my front. I have a 1/2 mile ride on pavement to my riding area so that's a little rough on the treads especially in July/August. Plus i ride a lot of rocky trails that can gouge 'em up pretty good once the thread depth gets to low. I've had my current rear on since this past July and it'll prolly make it to the middle of the summer. A year worth of riding for me is between 750-1000 miles

Ive always turned my 2stroke tires around and we used to take a knife or razor blade and cut a new edge on them for race day usually would start with a new tire, once the crisp edge wears down we would cut a new edge when that edge wears we turn the tire then one more cut after that edge is worn then a new tire

Ive always turned my 2stroke tires around and we used to take a knife or razor blade and cut a new edge on them for race day usually would start with a new tire, once the crisp edge wears down we would cut a new edge when that edge wears we turn the tire then one more cut after that edge is worn then a new tire

Problem with that is the knobs get to skinny and flex/ dont hook up