K&N review

Well i pulled the backfire screen out and installed the KN airfilter, its kinda a tight fit, you have to squish the hell out of it to get it in there. I also installed the quickshot at the same time. ON the track it seemed to be a tad snappier off bottom. No night and day difference, the real noticable difference came when i pulled the seat off. There was hardly any dirt on it, usually a twin air is clogged. This was damn near clean. Was it worth it, yes in my mind since i spent the money. If your an offroad rider, its prob worth it.

Man, you aren't kidding its a tight fit. At first, I was concerned I'd have to pull the subframe off and wondering if I'd made the wrong choice. Its definitely sturdy though and very well made. And just like the one I have on my street bike, very easy to clean and maintain with no where near the mess.

Great! No dirt on the filter so now it's in your engine? I have a really hard time trusting those street things.

Do you really believe they stop dirt just as good? (not being a smart ass, just asking seriously)

How about some pics of the thing? How do you clean it?

Great! No dirt on the filter so now it's in your engine? I have a really hard time trusting those street things.

Do you really believe they stop dirt just as good? (not being a smart ass, just asking seriously)

How about some pics of the thing? How do you clean it?

Yes, they work very well.

To clean it, you spray on a cleaner and let it soak for a bit and then rinse it out from the back side to the front with warm water. I "whip" the excess water out and then let it air dry by placing the front side facing a slow blowing fan.

Heres a link to the K&N site. The filter looks exactly like the one pictured: http://knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=KA-2506

• 2 months later...

Just a thing reguarding K&N-filters, we used to run these on our supercharged cars a while back, and from what we saw inside the superchargers when tearing them apart-there were quite a bit of dirt that was let through by the K&N-filters.. If they are made the same way on the dirtbike-filters I wouldn`t even think about putting one in my thumper..but that is just what I have learned from using them, these may be a whole other story...?

• 4 weeks later...

it was nice to clean. But the damn thing lets dirt through......... Next time you do a top end, take a look at your cylinder walls. Infact, smear some grease on the inside of your airboot before applying the filter, then take a look at it next time you clean the K&N, youll see fine dust....

are you guys oiling them properly? the oil they use is alot lighter the foam filter oil. it wicks into the dirt so that could be why you cant see it. when dirty the filters are maroon. not the red they were to start. it could be user error. if k&n's let dirt through i dont think race teams would be running them or they would be as popular as they are.

• 9 months later...

I bought one these for my KLX450R, but it doesn't fit because of the way the battery drops down into the air box.

I have it for sale on eBay for anyone interested. Fit all 06-08 KX450F's and KX250F's

Had one on my old 95 KDX200 and loved it. Easy to clean, easy to oil. Never any engine trouble.

are you guys oiling them properly? the oil they use is alot lighter the foam filter oil. it wicks into the dirt so that could be why you cant see it. when dirty the filters are maroon. not the red they were to start. it could be user error. if k&n's let dirt through i dont think race teams would be running them or they would be as popular as they are.[/QUOTE]

No dirtbike teams use them ever, they all use foam