Sign in to follow this  

PC or FMF pipes on the CR125?

04 CR125

The catalogs say they are both available so my questions are:

1) Does the stock silencer fit either pipe?

2)Neither brand offers a model specific silencer. Is there one that is a straight bolt up?

3) For 90% MX with no trail riding, PC or FMF Fatty?

I have the Pro Ciruit Works system on my bike and it rocks. I have always loved the way a PC system sounds on a husky 125. I'm pretty sure they are difficult to come by now a days but if you can get it, go for it. here is a pic. of my 04 CR125 DSC00260.jpg

Veryyy Nice. That looks like the set up I want. Do you use a 304 silencer?

Any changes to jetting? You're in NJ so alt and temp should be about what I am in in WA.

I don't get the comment that they're hard to get. They are in the catalogs. Does PC not stock them?

Don't forget about DynoPort. Give them a call and tell them what your looking for. On my 04, the stinger section of the pipe was long. I had to cut and reweld it. As for the DP pipe... it was the best of all I tried.

Regards,

brown

Clarify the stinger on your DP pipe was too long? What did you have to re-weld?

The stinger section of the exhaust pipe (where the sil. connects). It seem as if the stinger section was from some other model.

Think of it this way, when the pipe was on the bike, the end of the pipe went all the way up to the sil. body. I ended up cuting about 7-8" off of it and rewelding it up and it fit just fine.

When I was trying to get this setup it was difficult (no availibility). Perhaps now they are more availible again. Yes I do have the R304 with the race cap, My jetting varys from time of year and what I'm riding in Ex.. sand, or dirt. Usually hovers around the stock jetting plus or minus 1 main size.

I have a PC pipe for my '04 Wr250.

I need a PC silencer.

Where can I get one?

Thanks

In reply to the oringinal post...the stock silencer fits the FMF pipe on a 250...don't know about the 125.

The PC pipe needs it's own silencer.

The stinger section of the exhaust pipe (where the sil. connects). It seem as if the stinger section was from some other model.

Think of it this way, when the pipe was on the bike, the end of the pipe went all the way up to the sil. body. I ended up cuting about 7-8" off of it and rewelding it up and it fit just fine.

The DP pipe is based off the 200-2002 Husky not the 2004 and beyond. Despite what all the "experts" say, the pipes are differnt lengths. So too are the silencers. The junction on the 04 and up is in the vicinity of the shock resivior. The pre 04 junction is slightly aft of there. The pre 04 pipe has about 6 inches in a upward 30 degree bend attatched to the pipe. the 04 and later has this section as part of the silencer. Bottom line though is the hard mount points for the pipe and silencer are all the same for all those years. It just equates as to one or the other being a little to long or too short. The Stock pipe is fine but when mashed beyond repair, go for the DP. They have a MX pipe and a woods pipe also and it is better built and better thickness than those name brand sweatshop built pipes. (sorry)

Joe

Don't forget about DynoPort. Give them a call and tell them what your looking for. On my 04, the stinger section of the pipe was long. I had to cut and reweld it. As for the DP pipe... it was the best of all I tried.

Regards,

brown

I just ordered an FMF because dynoport's site doesn't have 2004 cr125 on their list. You're saying it can be done? :thumbsup:

I just ordered an FMF because dynoport's site doesn't have 2004 cr125 on their list. You're saying it can be done? :thumbsup:

I have a FMF fatty along with the FMF spark aresstor on my 2006 CR 125

fit is great and the bike works well in all the power bands.

Plus FMF is the main supporter of the AMA National Hare and Hound

races .FMF is a sponsor to more off road races then any other pipe company

so support those who support us

I have the Pro circuit Platinum series pipe and the pro circuit R-304 silencer on my 2004 CR 125. it runs sooo good and sounds awesome. ive always like the pro circuit pipes or the fmf pipes. fmf is over priced and just not as good in my opinion compared to PC. PC would be better if yu wanted better low end and mid section power, get an fmf if you want all high end power

shorty=bottom end and i do not know what ZJ is talking about over priced pc and fmf are both the exact same price all the more it comes down to is what would you rather have and what finish do you want on your header

FMF is a good pipe however their ability to take even a small rock hit is very bad. I think a sardine can is thicker! NE USA has many rocks and the FMF just don't hold up no matter how beefy a guard you put on it. Dyno port pipes are very sturdy and give the nicest power of all 3 forementioned pipes for off road performance and yes, I tried all 3. Never tried the CRD nor the Doma for the 125 so no input there from me.

Joe

Here in canada the fmf pipes are like 100$ more than the PC pipes.