Dumb...really dumb.

I need some help. I recently dumped my bike in the sand and broke my acerbis rally brush handguard (right side). I took the bike home and started to take the handguard off. Without thinking, I unscrewed the allen bolt too far and ended up leaving the bottom portion of the bolt assembly in the handlebar! I know this sounds really dumb, but I cannot get this piece out. I've tried vacuming it, dropping a magnet on a string, duct tape on the end of a screw driver, tipping the bike on its side and tapping the bar with a hammer.

Once again any help or advice would be appreciated!

I need some help. I recently dumped my bike in the sand and broke my acerbis rally brush handguard (right side). I took the bike home and started to take the handguard off. Without thinking, I unscrewed the allen bolt too far and ended up leaving the bottom portion of the bolt assembly in the handlebar! I know this sounds really dumb, but I cannot get this piece out. I've tried vacuming it, dropping a magnet on a string, duct tape on the end of a screw driver, tipping the bike on its side and tapping the bar with a hammer.

Once again any help or advice would be appreciated!

Are you not able to just screw the bolt back into it and pull it out?? Did you push it back to far to reach it now?? If so, go to home depot and get a much longer bolt, thread it in, and pull it out.

if it is what I think it is, it is called a cone nut. shaped like a cone and will go in but will not come out as it was designed to be that way. Used them all the time in the RV business for ladders and racks for RV Motor homes. Go to Lowes or Menards or your local hardware store and they should have some that will fit your bars. Just get the ID of the handle bars and match it up. Trying to pull it out will ruin it and will be useless anyway.

been there done that but luckily i was able to lean the bike on the side and hot the bars with a hammer and it came out. maybe getting a long wire and making a small hook on one end enough to fit throught the hole using the other side as a guide) might work