Sign in to follow this  

Florida tracks

about how far away is it from clearwater

about 65 mile +/- Much of it traveling at 70mph

It takes me a little less than 1 hour to get there on a Sat. morning, which is normally fairly quiet compared to the rest of the week.

Someone said all tracks in Florida suck..... ha ha ha ever been to Hardrock cycle Park in Ocala???????????????????? Did not think so....

agreed .. hardrock is quite possibly the most fun mx park i've ever been to.

it's like disney world for dirtbikes.

six tracks, three levels of HS trails, 100 acres of open riding, food, showers, parts store, camping, RV hookups... what more could you ask for? it's awesome!

yes hardrock by far is the best place trackwise and the owners, atleast from when i used to go there, are super cool and friendly. Ive been wanting to take the minis there for some time now

unless youre a straight up beginner, dint bother with sunshine!

its a P.O.S. track .. just imagine riding in a sandbox the size of your living room.. except suckier because they mix the sand with what seems to be ... crap? it's soft and spongy. i work about a mile away from sunshine and i've gone there a few times, each time just desperate to get any amount of riding in.. and still left their track early every time wondering "&%$#@! did i come here?" - you would think that such a small stupid track would at least be kinda cheap... wrong. they are one of the more expensive tracks i've been to in florida.

on the other hand.. i hear they have a new indoor minibike track tho.. which i might have to check out sometime.

if you go to sunshine, at least don't go there first because it will give you a bad impression of the tracks here in Florida. it really does suck.

check out Bartow, Mulberry, Quick Trax, Dade City, Seminole Tribe, Hard Rock, Bithlo, Waldo ... all great tracks

and if you need somebody to ride with, hit me up. i live in Clearwater (actually Largo.. home of Timmy Ferry!:censored: )

Man, ain't it the truth, Sunshine should be your last pick! Not only is it the same size as my yard, but ever one there seems to be from the Tyler Evans Metal Militia graduate school!

Mulberry is a good choice and is the closest to St.Pete, just stick to the track rules or Lionel (owner) will give you the boot ASAP! Bartow is 15 minutes east of Mulberry, and is not as technical with more high speed sections and bigger jumps! Hardrock is a definite MUST VISIT!

Someone said all tracks in Florida suck..... ha ha ha ever been to Hardrock cycle Park in Ocala???????????????????? Did not think so....

LMAO...I live 30mins from Hard Rock and regularly drive 2hrs to Pax. Hard Rock flat out blows. The main track is hard as concrete and tears up your tires in one day, the sand track is all whooped out and rutted and just not fun, the outback track isnt a track at all...and more concrete, the SX track is way too dangerous, and the roller coaster is pretty gay. I do not ride trails so I cannot comment on that. With that being said, I will be there this Sunday to check out the new additions to the main track. Texas tracks are far better than Florida tracks. 3 palms in Houston, Cycleranch in San Antonio, and Lake Whitney near Waco, and Oak Hill near Dallas are all 10 times better than the best track in Florida...JMO of course. :censored:

quicktrackmx.com

Best track around that is close for you. They just redeisgned it. Lot of jumps and a couple of big doubles.

LMAO...I live 30mins from Hard Rock and regularly drive 2hrs to Pax. Hard Rock flat out blows. The main track is hard as concrete and tears up your tires in one day, the sand track is all whooped out and rutted and just not fun, the outback track isnt a track at all...and more concrete, the SX track is way too dangerous, and the roller coaster is pretty gay. I do not ride trails so I cannot comment on that. With that being said, I will be there this Sunday to check out the new additions to the main track. Texas tracks are far better than Florida tracks. 3 palms in Houston, Cycleranch in San Antonio, and Lake Whitney near Waco, and Oak Hill near Dallas are all 10 times better than the best track in Florida...JMO of course. :censored:

So, can you elaborate on your feelings concerning Hardrock a liitle......

everything bill pettit said about hardrock is actually true.. but only on certain days. it depends whether the tracks have been prepped.

if they haven't prepped the main track, it can be very hardpacked and sort rocky in spots, but if it's watered and prepped it's like a motocross superhighway. i really like the main track.

if they haven't prepped the sand track it can be pretty dangerous.. i acutally broke my fib on the sand track last time i was there.. because the rain washes huge channels into the jump faces and landings and if you're not careful you can land in one. although, that's not actually how i broke my leg)but if it's prepped.. and i've been fortunate enough to be the first rider out on it directly after a thorough prepping.. it is probably one of the most fun tracks there. all the jumps are awesome and on a 450 that sand is alot of fun to ride in.

the outback track is almost never prepped but there's not much to it anyways. i consider that the "warm up" track. it's a cruiser track, not very big jumps or anything.

the roller coaster isn't really a "track" persay .. it's a long woods circuit of massive uphills and downhills and it is a total blast to ride around with a group of friends. if you like hill climbs, i think you'll love the rollercoaster. it never gets prepped.. doesn't really need to be.

never been on the supercross track either. it's usually closed to non-pro riders.

just like any track in the world if you show up on the right day it can be the greatest day of riding and if you get there on a day where the track owners have been lazy, it can suck.

overall though.. hardrock is kickass

FLMX and DaveBrucas have it right! Hardrock can be very good or it can SUCK! So can most every track I have ever been to. That includes Texas tracks and Southern Calif. tracks which can really suck when not groomed, nothing but Adobe. I remember years ago when I lived in Louisiana, they had a track across the river from New Orleans, called Motocross West in the little town of Waggaman. It was a National track and when it was groomed it was awesome, during the week it could be like concrete......

quicktrackmx.com

Best track around that is close for you. They just redeisgned it. Lot of jumps and a couple of big doubles.

I would have also recommended QT but the past design was HORRIBLE!!! I haven't seen the layout they just did a couple weeks ago. Is it any better?

motoxerc0,

QuickTrack and Bartow are roughly the same distance. QT is a little quicker because its straight I4 highway all the way there. Bartow requires a cut over from I4 to Highway 60.

I personally recommend that you hit up both if you have time. Go during a weekday to either and you'll probably darn near have the whole track to yourself.

now wheres that at?

QuickTrack is the same general East direction as Bartow but is actually easier to get to since its right off of I4.

ROTFLOL!!!!!you guys actualy get to argue over which tracks are better!up here in CT we get ctrivermx&mototown,both great,butwe have been to pax,hardrock,& bostwick........all three are better than what we are used to.dont get me wrong,ctriver is cool,and moto town is great(supercross,indoor&heated),but you all have so many options.

yeah i heard QT changed their layout but i have only ridden there twice and it was before they changed it and the old layout was kinda weak. the jumps going through the last rythm section were so short that you had to practically come to a stop in order to not completely overjump them. i actually went through there too fast once, tried to scrub across one of the "micro-tables" and ran straight into the face of the next one and knocked myself silly.

i've been wanting to check out the new setup though.

i've been wanting to check out the new setup though.

Sounds like we need to get a FL TT gathering together and go over to rate the new layout! :ride::censored:

right on!

unfortunately i have about four weeks of physical therapy to do first though. broke my arm six weeks ago. but i'm dyin to ride!

right on!

unfortunately i have about four weeks of physical therapy to do first though. broke my arm six weeks ago. but i'm dyin to ride!

bummer dude!!!! K, well we'll have to hook up once you're all healed then. Especially considering we only live a few miles apart.

Hey everyone from Florida. I am going to be flying in for the daytona and orlando races and spending 10 days in florida in total. Me and a friend are looking to do some riding up there but we can't find any bikes to ride. We would love if someone could help us out a bit. In other words if someone would be willing to share their bike with us at a track in exchange for some cash and also we would pay if for some strange reason there was any damage to the bike. I currently ride an 06 yz250F and he rides an 06 ktm250sxf, we both have been riding since we were kids so we are pretty good on a bike (just to ease anyone whos thinking we may break something stupidly). Well anyone? Please let me know, i would greatly appreciate it as its a great opportunity for us to check the tracks out in different countries. thanks in advance.