DRZS fan question-poll

I have a 04 S that i did the dyno jet kit with the 3X3 with less than 20 miles on the bike. "break em in like a bitch, they run like a bitch". I've noticed on tight stuff and farting around, my fan comes on. Even in lower temps ( around 35 degrees). I'm not the best rider but I do know how to use the right grip. How often should this fan come on? Should I pull the thermostat? Is the low end to lean?

Anyone noticed?

Let me know. Thanks all.:ride:

i really dont have enough time and experience on my drz to give an exact answer.but what i can tell you is while "farting around" and riding to the store in cali,ive never had my fan turn on...mabey there something wrong with my bike

My fan only turns on when I beat on the bike. Like passing cars at 80mph and pulling block long wheelies. I have the same observation that if I beat on my bike the fan turns on if it is 0 degrees or 90 degrees outside. I think your bike is fine.

Just an FYI, my fan has only come on when the bike is sitting idling for an extended period of time. This was done only as a test to confirm it worked. I kept a temperature probe on the radiator to watch the temp as I did, to be safe.

there is our answer TY william :ride:

The only time my fan has ever come on was when I was riding along side my son on his pedal bike. I was going between 8-10 mph for about 10 minutes.

I could feel the thing getting hot and all the clutching was making my hand tired. I wound her out a couple of times and the fan shut off. It was about 70-75 on a spring day.

Hot light has never come on for me.

I have a 04 S that i did the dyno jet kit with the 3X3 with less than 20 miles on the bike. "break em in like a bitch, they run like a bitch". I've noticed on tight stuff and farting around, my fan comes on. Even in lower temps ( around 35 degrees). I'm not the best rider but I do know how to use the right grip. How often should this fan come on? Should I pull the thermostat? Is the low end to lean?

Anyone noticed?

Put on an after market exhaust and the fan will rarely come on. Better exhaust flow, lower engine temperature. My fan rarely comes on now. This is the same with my KLR 650. Once I added the after market exhaust (better exhaust flow), fan rarely comes on. BTW - 6500 miles with no problems.:ride:

Usually slow, when is was cold outside, the snow was too deep for my DOT tires. about 15 then. Yesterday i was bombing down a trail at about 35, it came on when i pulled over to wait for a quad. I still have the stock pipe on it ( modified) and radiator guards.

Mine came on today, on my first trail ride. Bike only has 120miles on it and after I was traveling at low speeds for a while on some slick trails, it popped on for just a minute when I came to a stop. The temp outside was in the 40 degree range and raining.

Anyone noticed?

Hi tire, :ride:

My SM runs stock and lean...

And the only time my fan has ever come on was when I had only 35 miles on the tight unbroken-in engine, and it was sitting idling for a few minutes while I was adjusting the pilot mixture screw. It has never come on again in almost 3,000 miles.

However, I'm not going to remove the fan because of the protection it provides in case of needing to operate under adversely hot slow conditions.

Take Care,

Greg

The first time my fan came on was when i rode it home from the dealer. It came on after I shut it off for about 20 sec. Now it only comes on when I trail ride slow with my son on his xr50. It cycles on for 30sec., off for 2 min.s, as measured by the heat on my leg. Has been running perfect since the re-jet and 3x3, also 14t front sprocket. All mods done at 100miles, now 800ml on my 06s.

An E has the same engine and does not have a fan...many take the fan off their S and never look back...Try it, and if you see alot of Coolant in the overflow all the time, then put it back, but you won't. I took my S fan off and have never seen it get hot on street or trail in the past 4 years.