Sign in to follow this  

What Size Tyres

Hi there guys just wondering what size tyres do you use a 120/90/19 rear or a 120/80/19?

120/80/19 i went with the dunlop the shorter sidewall i thought would be better for cornering and i havnt seemed to have any problems with it....i didnt like the stock tire at all i never had any traction at all i had alot of wheelspin...now i am 5-11 160lbs but still i got alot of wheelspin on that bridgestone for some reason....the dunlop is a good tire and the mich is a lil more money but a really good tire also.......i would deff go with the 120/80/19 tho.....

I just went thru a big frustration on tire sizes. When my original equipment Bridgestone 402A 120/80-19 wore out a long time ago, I wanted to go with my favorite Dunlop 756, so I told the local shop to order one "in that new larger RM-Z450 size". They looked on line at Suzuki's website and saw 120/90-19 and looked in their Parts Unlimited catalog and saw 120/90-19, so that's what they ordered and that's what I got. (Yes, stupid me didn't bother to look at the size of the tire on my rim).

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago when I needed a new Dunlop 756. I looked at my bike's tire, saw 120/90-19 and called around a few shops and found a Kawasaki dealer that had one. Took my wheel in and the guy said 'what bike's that for', so I told him, and he told me "yours came with a 120/80-19, which we have in stock, also look at the back of the KX450F over there, the Dunlop 756 in that size comes stock", and showed me his Bridgestone parts book. I then called my son who has stock original tire, and yep, 120/80, looked in the owner's manual, yep, 120/80, looked at the RM-Z450's at the Suzuki exhibit at Anaheim supercross, yep 120/80. Looked at Bridgestone's website, yep 120/80......Looked at Suzuki's website, they show WRONG 120/90 for '07, '06, '05.

Sunday I rode MX practice with the 120/80, felt like a completely different and much improved bike, cornered much much better than the 120/90. The 120/80 is lighter than the 120/90 so it flicks side to side easier and it can 'rev up' quicker.

I was so pissed to find out I was running the wrong tire for months and months just because of a couple website errors and my failure to look at the original tire!

Thanx for the realy good info i also looked at the website and saw the same thing 120/90/19 and my tire is a 120/80/19 so i tought they have swopped mine at the dealer or something! Will go with the 120/80/19!

Much Apreciated!:censored::ride: