Suggestions, ideas, and "the master plan" for stickies.

If we do a sticky for everything you will run out of room on the front page. How about taking some of the sticky's and doing them on one and add links to the pages. Something like this.

HOW-TO; JETTING; Acc.Pump Mod. (AP)

HOW-TO; JETTING; Proper Fuel Screw Adjustment

HOW-TO; Repacking (Wheel) Bearings with Pics

This way you can have hundreds of them, without taking up much room on the forum. Just a thought from someone without a brain. :ride:

Agent is correct....

There's a master plan. ?

If the amount of stickies is bothering... than that's good (it gets you to look at them), and trust me... it's only temporary. Read in the last stickie... it's where I'd like to hear suggestions... and where I'll post updates or ideas to that plan of what to do with "too many stickies".

When there begin to be a clutter of stickies, I'll "merge" the topics and you won't have "too many" at the top of your screen.

I'm going to merge this thread, and then delete this thread tomorrow am. As I feel we are starting to repeat suggestions... and not in the correct thread.

Take a look at the last sticky, and you'll see what I mean.

(and notice... I 'merged' two threads making them one. You'll see it in each post's topic. And now there's 3 pages of info/suggestions...etc)

Once the threads get larger and harder to read, they'll lose the stickieness (:applause:), and be a link just as you mentioned. Making it super easy to read and follow.

:censored:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is life Johnny... Everyone has a great idea on what SHOULD be done... Few would make a phone call to save a trail !

Glad to see you taking on the job ! :censored:

I hear ya. And COMPLETELY understand.

I've got more guys who say they are in for a Baja ride... then, when I ask if they are going... they've got a wedding, wash the car, mow the lawn, bike's broke... I've heard it all. Don't get me started on my Baja Racing and obtaining commitments there...! ... it's nothing knew.

And this MOD thing is just that... a J - O - B!! Too bad it doesn't pay. :ride:

No problem DD... :censored:

However, if you post here... it should be related to 450X.

(see new HINT topic at top of forum)

For example... if someone asks about "oil", and I put it in Thumpette Forum... sure, I'm not doing any justice. But if I post it into "general", it'll work and get the job done. Is it the "best" fit...? Maybe not. You take the risk when I move the thread or when you post a thread that belongs somewhere else.

:ride:

crfxer

TT Bronze Member

Re: Helpful Hints for the Moderator

What if you only want people that ride a 450X to answer your general question??

Sometimes I just want to talk about things with 450X guys (more knowledgeble and older experienced) not so many kids popping in with irrelevant information.?:applause: :applause:

If we do a sticky for everything you will run out of room on the front page. How about taking some of the sticky's and doing them on one and add links to the pages. Something like this.

HOW-TO; JETTING; Acc.Pump Mod. (AP)

HOW-TO; JETTING; Proper Fuel Screw Adjustment

HOW-TO; Repacking (Wheel) Bearings with Pics

This way you can have hundreds of them, without taking up much room on the forum. Just a thought from someone without a brain. :censored:

Uhhhh, I think that might be a good idea, Maybe, I'm just not sure.

If it turns out to be a good idea then I will think it is. :ride:?

Go get them Johnny, thanks for your efforts.

What if you only want people that ride a 450X to answer your general question??

Sometimes I just want to talk about things with 450X guys (more knowledgeble and older experienced) not so many kids popping in with irrelevant information.:censored::ride:?

Then we all need to get a "450X" ride together... and sit around the camp fire, talking intellifently about our bikes. :applause: (which actually would be pretty cool)

... the downside about the above comment is, this TT place... is public. You'll get anyone and everything talking about your 450X, whether they own one or not.

your talking about the 1.99 units?? The ones that all do the same, but look different due to size and/or shape?? :censored:

Those would be the ones.....I think. I'm not running one now and I was wondering how many other people are not (or are) using an inline filter. Spent about 1/2 hour searching TT and could not find much on this but mayber my search was bad?

we need a some factual info on the db level of a x without the baffle in. I know someone has a video of a ranger checking his x without a baffle and it only hit 96.7db @4500rpm. Well within the 1.5db +/- range that the forest service allows

redsticker/JohnnyAirtime...maybe this will help your endeavor

http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1234/files/honda.pdf

Not trying too hard at all. I like to be organized, and if I am... it'll help all of you when searching for valuable information. Personal experiences, and a factual database is what this 450X forum needs.

Never would I ask you to NOT ask questions. But there are times when people ask a question that's been asked before. And answered before. No need to repeat itself... if there's no new info, unless you just want to see yourself post, or up your post count. Do that in a different forum... no need to clog 450X up with junk.

... you've already had your post count explained to you in Town Square. So why come here to post up?! No need. Let's keep the info real, and worthy in 450X. ?

Anything not related to the sticky thread.... gets ACED. SO this, and your post will self destruct in 2 days. ?

:applause:

It seems you are starting to let some

not so "real info" pass your inspection.

Also it looks as if your "info" is "worthy"

no matter what you say if your a "Cali Guy"

As far as me coming here to "post up" , this is

my fourm along with the trials bunch.

You can tell I like to "just post up" with my

99 posts in 4 years.:applause:

It seems you are starting to let some

not so "real info" pass your inspection.

Also it looks as if your "info" is "worthy"

no matter what you say if your a "Cali Guy"

As far as me coming here to "post up" , this is

my fourm along with the trials bunch.

You can tell I like to "just post up" with my

99 posts in 4 years.:applause:

I do let some things slide... yes. I try and not be too anal and let people share their knowledge. As well, allow the "fun" of posting to TT and what it entails.

The point of this statement is ... is what?! :applause: - Also it looks as if your "info" is "worthy" no matter what you say if your a "Cali Guy"

We were getting a bit large in our sticky threads...

Causing us all to scroll down a bit before reading the first new post.

For this, I made a couple new threads and linked them to the posts that were originally stuck. Saving us some space, but ultimately making it a bit harder to find the info. Instead of one click away, they are now two clicks away. :applause:

You'll notice the threads that were stuck are now floating in the 450X forum... and will only come to the top when new information has been posted to those threads. However, if you use the link in the "sticky" to get to that thread, you should be okay.

I'm not used to it yet, but it will make it easier for us once we've used it a couple of times.

:applause:

Wow...

Not one reply. Not one eager beaver. :applause:

... Agent, Krannie, BassM - I thought some of you would love to aid in making a FAQ. DD... your good at it too. What's up fellas?!

I'm going to change the title to this thread... to see if we can get any takers. (Sorry Old Man, but I think it'd get better exposure :applause: )

Geez, I must be myopic: I never read this thread before....

Tips:

- file down the first row of teeth off the brake pedal, to prevent clutch case puncture.

- When 'opening-up' the airbox for better flow, you can avoid a 'water-opening' by not using the blacked-out side vents as a new opening: you can open the back of the airbox, behind the battery, and above the rear fender, and still gain the air flow benifit and be able to wash you bike without plugging up the side vents.

- loosen the shift lever, and pull it out as far as it will go on the shaft, then re tighten: this will move the lever out about 3 mm, and it will not scrape the case, or get jammed with sticks or weeds.

- move the clutch and brake perches inward enough so the end of the levers are 20mm inside the end of the bars. You will get a more natural feel to the pull, and have more adjustability of lever height.

- Rear spokes on Hondas loosen up, so check them every ride. Check by 'pinging' the spoke with a spoke wrench. It should be high in pitch, and reasonably consistent from spoke to spoke. If they need tightening, tighten every forth spoke till all the way around, skip one, and repeat.

- Every steel bolt the comes in contact with a non-steel threaded part needs to be removed, and be coated in anti-seize. Biggest culprits? The chain tensioners: they will seize into the swing arm if you don't .

- All major Japanese bike companies are EPA savy, and therefore they under-grease thier bearings so there can be no drip during transport (a grease drip can hold up a shipment of bikes by weeks, inspecting for leaky motors).

- Tires and tubes leak. Check air pressure every ride, no matter what.

- The X comes with a 'T' ring chain. It's like an O-ring chain. It is supposed to be 'element' proof, but if water gets inside, it stays inside. Don't pressure wash you chain, and always coat it in WD-40 or similar after washing. Don't use chain lube until all the water is displaced (chain lube will hold the water in).

- When you get your bike, put the battery on a trickle charger the first night. The dealer usually doesn't charge the battery enough.

- When you get your new bike, do not trust the engine or tranny oil. Change it before you ride, with fossil oil. Change it again after about an hour, with the filter. Change it again about every 5-15 hours till 40 hours. Then change to pure synthetic.

- When breaking in a modern motor, you must get enough pressure behind the rings to push them in tight, so they will wear in correctly and seat. Do this by NOT babying the motor. Don't run it at constant speeds, and don't abuse it, just push it HARD on and off.