Sign in to follow this  

RIP-"The Gitch" aka Rich Horstmeyer

Sorry to hear this, what a drag, he was way too young to go. Condolences to his family and friends.

Gitch was pretty cool with all of us in the midwest forum, sucks we never got to hook up for a ride anywhere.

How does one begin to express the magnitude of the emotions that spill from one's soul at such times? The deep, intangible cut through the heart that noe feels as a friend is overtaken by that single great inevitability that faces all of us? All life is both fantastically brief, and also the greatest of all gifts. Some lives are a gift not only to one person, to many, many others. Rich's was one of those. Rejoice in your own, and celebrate his.

Godspeed, Gitch.

Well said Gray......I did not this fellow TT'er...

However, I hope he is enjoying those Huskies in a much finer place....

I never got to go ride with Rich as he asked many times to go riding with him and his dad at Milford Lake, but the timing never worked out.

I did have the opportunity to treat him and his wife and son to dinner and will always remember how great and kind of person he was. He even tried to teach me how to update my website.

You will be greatly missed brother and enjoy those fantastic trails in Heaven!

Here is Rich's website:

http://www.horstmeyerracing.com/

Rick

Totally sucks,

Never met Gitch but was always a cool mod in the old Midwest Forum ,

Great sense of humor and I wish the best to his family and loved one's .

R.I.P Gitch.

Richie was closer than a brother to me. I didnt cry when my grandpa died...but i did today.

I'm gonna miss you man.

This saddened me greatly to hear that my buddy Rich had passed. :applause: Just talked to him about a week ago on the phone and he told me about everything else that was going on, but to not spread it around on TT. Talked to him two days after that and he seemed to be doing ok. As you can see in his myspace blog there was a 'mass' on his lung and heart. At the time I had talked to him, he had just found out that day about it...( This was what he didn't want me saying anything about.) He was pretty down in the dumps about it, and was the first time I had seen him like that. Two days ago I tried to call him, and there was no answer and no call back, which is very odd for him not to do so. The call might not have went through, though, because my cell phone reception. I was going to try to call him again last night, but then heard of the news right before I called him. :applause:

Rich, TheGitch, you truly were an amazing person my friend. You were there when I needed something/someone. Not only for the good advice, but for the jokes you layed down to cheer me up and what not. It, to be honest, sucks that I didn't get to meet you. We had plans to meet up in the next few months sometime if I had a chance to get up to kc to get that bike from Dan K. That might sound all "faggy" ( as you would call it ) but it is true!

R.I.P Rich, I'll miss you buddy. Roost on into the heavens man. :moon::censored:

Here is his wife, Nikki's, myspace bulletin as of this morning. As you can see she isn't sleeping well due to this, posted it at 6:30 in the morning.

"" As many of you have already heard, my husband..my best friend..my rock, passed away in his sleep Tuesday night. As I was leaving for work I tried to wake him only to realize that he wasn't breathing. I tried so hard to administer CPR until the EMT's arrived, but once they got there they told me it was already too late.

Richie has suffered in pain for sooo long & now he's at peace with God. I don't really know how I'm going to go on without him...right now I don't even want to. I have never felt such a deep pain in my life..I'm not quite sure how I'm going to cope with this.

Please keep us in your prayers, especially our children. Both of our kids were here and saw the entire ordeal. We really need all of the prayers that we can get.

I'LL LOVE & ACHE FOR YOU FOREVER RICHIE...I'LL SEE YOU WHEN I GET THERE MY LOVE..........""

R.I.P. Gitch :ride::lol::applause: i had managed to keep it together till i read this. see u up at the big track in the sky buddy.

Way, way , way too young to go...about the same age as my son. reading the notes in this forum confirm the impression I had of him from reading his own posts. May it be a tribute to him that in his young life he touched so many and was so highly thought of by those who new him if only thru this forum.

Godspeed Gitch and our sincerest condolonces to his family.

CharlieT

I am working on setting up an account to benefit his immediate family left behind. I'm just waiting for his wife's approval. I'll definately let TT'ers know if this happens.

But, the group buy is another great suggestion. Thx FB.

Like in Ove's situation, Rich stepped in and helped me through my deal when I broke my tib/fib Nov '04. Like Ove, it was a long and painful ordeal but Rich always checked in to see how I was doing.

After a few of these conversations, we realized that we lived 10 miles from each other and in fact, he had gone to school with my cousin. Needless to say, it did not take long to become friends.

While the realities of family and work committments kept us from seeing each other as much as we wanted to, the time we spent together was great. No matter how sick he was, he always seemed to have a positive attitude that was very infectious to everyone around him.

I called Rich back in December to see how he was doing and although he sounded "down" he said that he was doing ok.

I had not heard from him since then, so I happened to email him Wednesday morning. Little did I know that he had passed away only hours earlier. :censored:

Note-This was edited-I meant Wednesday morning

I talked to him tuesday afternoon, so i believe that he passed tuesday night/wednesday morning...but it was too damn soon no matter when the hell it was.