Sign in to follow this  

07 YZ250F Information

I own an 05 YZ250F and have enjoyed the reliability and performance. It has been a wonderful bike. I am about to purchase an 07 YZ250F. I know there have been several changes. Does anybody have any information (pros/cons) as to the quality, reliability, performance of the 07 versus the 05? Any known problem areas or concerns?

Thanks

not a bad word has been mentioned yet.

well, except for the extremely quiet exhaust that probably chokes off the topend.

I have had my 07 for a couple months now. So far so good, valves where in spec from factory and not moved. I just raced a 2 hour race Sunday with it. The 07 is pretty quite. I'm not sure if it choked the top-end. It seems that is where all the power is, I think it hurt more of the bottom. But I know more back pressure usually more bottom less top-end but who knows..:censored: Just keep up on oil changes, and air filter it won't give you any problems.

I have had my 07 for a couple months now. So far so good, valves where in spec from factory and not moved. I just raced a 2 hour race Sunday with it. The 07 is pretty quite. I'm not sure if it choked the top-end. It seems that is where all the power is, I think it hurt more of the bottom. But I know more back pressure usually more bottom less top-end but who knows..:censored: Just keep up on oil changes, and air filter it won't give you any problems.

just as jj said, great quality and performace! i keep my machines in race condition all the time and i've never had any problems....but just keep up on oil changes, airfilter, and reg maintnence like checkin valves and these machines last forever and then some!

get it and be suprised! bottom end lacks slightly but by no means is this machine slow,also quiet which is a good thing! if you get a skidplate then the 06 won't fit the 07(just watch out for this)

I love my 07! It works awsome it turns reallly well so light and nimble feeling. I have put alot of extra parts on mine. I added a powernow with a PC TI4 pipe, RG3 tripple clamp which I would invest in! the brakes work alittle better than the 06 plus I put on steelbraided brake lines. The power seems better to me but I have only been riding it indoors. In a few weeks I'll go south and try it on some outdoor tracks. I can only say good things so far about this bike. I've been racing bikes for alot of years and this thing really impresses me!