Some Pics of my 230 with Upgrades

So I got a bunch of stuff for my 05 CRF230F for x-mas, and recently had it all installed. Here is a list of the new parts:

BBR Triple Clamp (oversized)

BBR Rear Linkage

BBR Front Springs (w/15wt oil)

BBR Rear Spring

BBR Skid Plate

Universal Oversizes Bars

Answer Racing Bark Busters

Twin Air Filter

Front Brake Lever

It already had been jetted (Main - 132/ Pilot - 42) and had the BBR exhaust when I bought it new. So I brought it into my kitchen and spent all last Saturday cleaning it up, tweaking a few things, and basically getting it ready for spring. I also applied a crap load of stickers I've collected over the years.

Here are some pics:

dsc02030mr9.jpg

Triple Clamp

dsc02033nu4.jpg

Rear Linkage

dsc02034od8.jpg

Bars and Bark Busters

dsc02039vw8.jpg

Skid Plate and far side

dsc02036np2.jpg

Few Shots of the new Stickers

dsc02023ki7.jpg

dsc02024zu4.jpg

dsc02031vi5.jpg

Next x-mas I'm going for the BBR Camshaft, Springs, and Big Bore Kit!!

I can't wait for warmer weather! :censored:

• Like 1

witdog.....I love walking by the kitchen and seeing her there.....makes me smile everytime.....as for the 230.......I'm a big guy 6'4" 220#......that's why I got the BBR springs and raised it an inch......but other than that this bike is all around great for trail riding for all sorts of levels of riders......plus they are relatively inexpensive and make great project bikes.

witdog.....I love walking by the kitchen and seeing her there.....makes me smile everytime.....as for the 230.......I'm a big guy 6'4" 220#......that's why I got the BBR springs and raised it an inch......but other than that this bike is all around great for trail riding for all sorts of levels of riders......plus they are relatively inexpensive and make great project bikes.

I have not rode one. My wife and I have been down to the Honda dealer and she has sat on one and she likes the feel and size. You’re a big guy, she is 5’7” at 120lbs so if it is enough power for you I’m sure it will be good for her. She had a YZ250F before and they only problem for her was the height. It was too hard for her to start it and balance herself at the same time. All we do is desert riding so I think it would be a nice bike for her.

What did the rear link do for you?

I know people have said it doesn't raise the 230......but it's definitely higher.....I'm going to find a new kickstand for it this week......or weld about 3 inches to the stock one. So that says something and you can tell from the pics the front isn't raked out at all. Then again it could have something to do with the BBR rear spring......it's suppossed to add 1/2" of travel.....I don't know but I'm very happy with it, especially considering my size. :censored: