Sign in to follow this  

selling over seas

i rescently put two bikes up for sale on thumper talk and i have never sold a bike online and within 2 days i got an offer on each and there from people over seas and their sending me a cashiers check and when i recive it their shipper will come pick it up from me.

so is this the correct process and has any one had similar experiances?

everything i have ever heard about overseas and cashier checks is a major scam.....i think everone here will agree with me...kc

what if the cashiers check gose though then what?

DO NOT accept a cashier's check for your bike. A scammer will send you a cashier's check that the bank will accept. You send your bike off and a few weeks later your bank reverses the transaction because the check is no good.

This happens all the time, DON'T DO IT.

I can't believe this scam still exists and people are unaware of it...

do a search for scam in the forums and you will be amazed at how much this happens. Scammers are doing the same thing at Craigslist.com as well and it is 100% a scam so do NOT do it whatsoever!

Use Your Bank As A Go Between. Have Him To Send Check To Your Bank Wait For It To Clear. Then Do Buisness. Till Him This. You Will Never Here From Him Again. Give Me The The Bike.

:censored::ride: Do not give your bike away without cash in your hand, I just marked mine sold and am putting in the trader on Mon. I have already been thru this and the check is no good call the bank it is written on and thats what you will find out.

I don't do overseas deals. I don't do shipping deals. I have only sold the following way:

You come get it at my house with cash in hand.

Prefrably unmarked bills. Oh wait wrong kind of deal. :censored:

Seriously though in person and cash is the only way to deal.

Yeah, NEVER sell a bike overseas especially with the buyer sending a cashiers check and having their 'agent' pick it up....

it is a TOTAL SCAM, I have had that happen to me too many times to count when I was trying to sell my old 1980's bikes so I could buy my 06 250f

The only way I would sell a bike is have the buyer come and look at it and if they want it to pay in cash.