fork seals leaking

Went riding yesterday at a indoor track and when i got done noticed both

fork seals were leaking. 10 hours on 07 450. the place was not heated and

about 10 degrees inside. just wodering if possible the seals are hard because

of the temp and causing the leak? am going to try the clean out trick with a

tear off. wodering if anybody else has seen this? i probably will not ride it again until spring and want to take care of it this winter if the need replaced.

not sure if i will be able to tell if they are still leaking after i clean them unless

i go riding again. want to install stiffer springs in it but dont really have the

cash right now. would like to do seals,springs and oil all at the same time.

AWSOME BIKE JUST SUCKS SEALS ARE LEAKING ALREADY.

I have about 5 to 6 hours on my 07 and the fork seals are also leaking. I am not sure but heard that when they put the new coating on the fork tubes that they still used the same size forkseals and the coating made the tubes a little thicker... Dont know if it has anything to do with it but hopefully not.

CTE...look it up...my OEM fork seals lasted forever 'til they got to around 20 degrees in the transport on the way to A1!

Ross at ENZO agreed...forks shrink (the tubes) more than the seals due to temps (Plastics/Vinyl v. Metals...physics...ya know?).

Anyone that says the stock fork seals suck needs to come out to a KYB/Kawasaki "beta" test at the Glen.

Thinks for the input guys. the more i thought about it i was sure it was the cold weather causing the leak. i think i am going to hold off for now,clean them out and keep an eye on them. have the bike in our heated shop and they don"t seem like tere leaking anymore.

Is there a special technique to cleaning underneath a leaky fork seal? Someone mentioned using a tearoff, do you try to scoop it out as you go or what. Thanks for the help.:censored:

If you've got an old deck of cards, use one of those. Most playing cards have rounded corners and they'll slip right under the seal. Just go around a couple of times, put your dust seal back and your're good to go. I keep a deck of cards on the trailer, cuz ya just never know.