tire chose for heavy rider?

I ride a 03 450r with the suspension set for me.BUT; I started clearing a pretty long and hard landing jump this weekend and later I noticed all the sidewall of my FRONT tire had cracked all the way around the tire. I was running a maxxis IT on the front.

THE QUESTION IS DOES ANYBODY RECOMMEND A TIRE FOR ME?

INFO:

weight 250lbs

5'11"

intermediate to hard pack terrain (most of the time)

tire recommendations and tire pressure recommendations.

YEAH I KNOW I NEED TO LOOSE WEIGHT. BUT I'M STILL FAST FOR A FAT GUY.2-11-2007053.jpg

Hey man we are not fat, just big boned!!! :censored: I weight 244 and never put a soft compound tire at least in the back. they wear faster under great people like us. Chain and sprokets get damaged sooner as well....

I noticed I have to jump at faster speed than my "light" friends to land on the same spot ¿sounds reasonable?

Hey man we are not fat, just big boned!!! :ride: I weight 244 and never put a soft compound tire at least in the back. they wear faster under great people like us. Chain and sprokets get damaged sooner as well....

I noticed I have to jump at faster speed than my "light" friends to land on the same spot ¿sounds reasonable?

That's right we are "Great" people :censored: . At work if students didn't know my name I was referred to as 'That tall guy", then it became "That big tall guy". Now I'm knocking on "That big fat tall guy"? . But, "That great big tall guy" sounds more stately for the time being :applause: .

Dam, I got to hit the gym and lose some lbs..........

I just found out that TT has dunlop's on sale! 742f for $48.99 That's cheaper than what i found earlier.

That 742F is a bad tire. Avoid it like the plague. Do not confuse it with the 742FA which is an excellent tire. If you really want a 742F I have a good one that you can have for free. You just have to pick it up.

The new 745 is even better than the 742FA for hard pack. Robbie Reynard said it's the best tire he's ever used.

How well does it do on intermediate dirt? And when you say it does good on hardpack, is it as good as the 739?

The new 745 is replacing the 739. That's okay because the 745 is a much better tire for medium to hard dirt.

Do you know who Robbie Reynard is? He said it's the best tire he's ever used. That really says something.

I run the 739g on the rear. I had the maxxis IT. it doesn't work too good for me on the hard pack with the jumps i'm doing now. i might be racing this weekend if my tire comes in. and i ordered a 742fa. wasn't sure were you live;and if i would get time to come and get it.

but thanks anyway.

The new 745 is replacing the 739. That's okay because the 745 is a much better tire for medium to hard dirt.

Do you know who Robbie Reynard is? He said it's the best tire he's ever used. That really says something.

cool thanks.

Ya I know who Robbie Reynard is, but I just don't like listening to pros comments on some stuff. Because of course, they will say good stuff about the product of the company that is sponsoring him. Well, assuming Robbie is sponsored by dunlop.

If you are a larger guy and would like a little bit more tire, go with a 90/100-21 front and 120/80-19 rear. The additional grip will help keep you stuck in your ruts and absorb a tad more shock in the front with the correct psi. As far as which tire, the Maxxis tires seem to be a little thicker rubber than most. That's not very good for performance, but it is if you need some extra cushion. But like Shawn said, a tire splitting is highly uncommon and sounds like a defect to me more than anything.

No matter how well your tire hooks up when new, it only lasts about 3 rides. Then you can turn it and get about 3 more. Once the square edges are gone, so is performance. Fronts will last longer though. So, If you dont plan on getting a new tire every six rides, I'd recommend the Maxxis IT for the rear. No it doesnt hook up as well as the others when new, but after 3 rides the playing field is even, and after 6 rides, the maxxis wins. Do try a 90/100-21 Front though.My$.02