Why is my friend's YZF450 better than my YZ250? HELP!!!

I'm still pretty new to dirtbikes, so maybe you all can shed some light on this situation I'm having. I went out riding a few days ago and a friend and I swaped bikes for a while. I have an 03 YZ250, and my friend has a 2007 YZF450. What a difference!!! His bike handles 1000x better, it accelerates smoother, tracks straighter, and handles just about EVERYTHING better than my 250. Is it because it's a newer bike? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but its not the displacement, its the progression in weight distribution and steel frame, vs alum. frame. Its like cheating on your wife, you shouldn't have done it. Now you have to by a new bike.

Big changes in just a few years, scary isn't it. Just think, I just got back into MX and I haven't owned a dirt bike in 20 years. Now I have an 06 450F and it feels so goooood.

hahaha my dad swore by two-strokes and vowed to never get off of them - he has an 07 YZ125 - well I traded in my 250 2stroke for an 07YZ450 and I let him ride it...

I had to get on his 125 and hunt him down to get it back lol - he's buying a 450 soon.

hahaha my dad swore by two-strokes and vowed to never get off of them - he has an 07 YZ125 - well I traded in my 250 2stroke for an 07YZ450 and I let him ride it...

I had to get on his 125 and hunt him down to get it back lol - he's buying a 450 soon.

lmao that is definitly funny :censored:

The 07 YZ250 I think is a great bike not better or worse than the 450F, just different. I'd ride an 07 250T then if you still like the 450f, go for it. Personally I love both but if I had to choose, I'd still take the two stroke if for nothing just the starting.

The 07 YZ250 I think is a great bike not better or worse than the 450F, just different. I'd ride an 07 250T then if you still like the 450f, go for it. Personally I love both but if I had to choose, I'd still take the two stroke if for nothing just the starting.

No Offense, but that is the dumbest reason to choose between the 2 and 4 stroke. Just about everyone with an 06 or 07 450 Yamaha will start first or second easy kick. Stop listening to the knuckleheads on Supercross.

I'm still pretty new to dirtbikes, so maybe you all can shed some light on this situation I'm having. I went out riding a few days ago and a friend and I swaped bikes for a while. I have an 03 YZ250, and my friend has a 2007 YZF450. What a difference!!! His bike handles 1000x better, it accelerates smoother, tracks straighter, and handles just about EVERYTHING better than my 250. Is it because it's a newer bike? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Are you serious dude? Have you heard of technology? WOW:bonk:

hey hey, my old yz400f kicked first time in any conditions. even after a stall. my 06yz450f wares me out after a stall sometimes. but yea, one kick on any other occation.

If you are having trouble starting the 2006 YZ450F, it's obvious you haven't dialed in your jetting. My 06 is just as easy to start as my old 250 two stroke.