What to do for bike that hasn't been ridden for a year?

Well, my brother broke his wrist right before summer, so he wasn't able to ride all summer. And then after the summer he went to college and left his bike back home. And he said I could ride his bike, because I am in the process of selling my bike right now.

But the problem is, when he crashed he bent a radiator pretty bad. But like 1 month later I took a his other radiator off his bike because I bent one of mine and put it on mine.

So I got 2 radiator off ebay for his bike to put on his bike. But I am worried that since his bike hasn't had radiator fluid in it for about 9 months, has the water pump seals dried up?

Also I/he didn't change the oil since the crash? Is that bad for the engine? Has it caused rust or dried up seals in the engine or anything?

Also besides cleaning the carb, what should I do to the bike before I ride it?

Thanks

I would install the rads, fill up with 50% coolant and 50% distilled water. Then drain the oil and refill with some nice fresh stuff. Clean out the carb and put some fresh gas in and go :censored: ! the only other thing that I would suggest is some worksconnection radiator braces or I think they make guards for the YZF... I just got some braces for my bike, just incase.

And what factory mechanic said, I just overlooked the general maintenance that should be done.

if you plan on riding the bike alot there would be a few more things that wouldnt hurt to check other then the oil, clean carb and rad fluid. just do the common things like lube your cables, clean the air filter check the spokes, tire pressure, check the brake systems,grease your pivot points linkage swing arm, wheel bearings, then maybe just go over all the bolts to make sure theres nothing loose.

Was it in a relatively warm garage nice and dry or sitting out in the rain/snow in mountains? Might make a difference.

If there is any doubts about a particular section of the bike posting pics is always helpful.

Ya, it was in a shed behind my house the whole time. Never left outside.