Sign in to follow this  

Scott, Tom and Casey's most excellent RV adventure

We are planning an epic week long dirtbike tour of trails and ORV parks starting in KY and swinging through NC and ending in Durhamtown for the last weekend in March. :ride::censored:

You bringing a laptop? Let us know when you're in NC and we'll show ya how it's done in these here hills. :censored:

Yes, I am bringing the laptop and we would love some local help and/or guides to some technical single track. We look forward to meeting some of our more northern TT members.

I'm in the process of mapping out the ORV parks and riding spots. I hate it when a site gives you directions instead of GPS coordinates. Thank goodness for the Georgiaoffroad site they have GPS coordinates for areas when the area it'self doesn't have them.

Our national park riding areas won't be open until April 1st but I would definitely recommend a day at Brushy Mtn. They're a private (but open to the public) riding area with technical and wide-open trails. $20/day and open Fri thru Sun each week. Give us a heads-up and I'm sure we could get a small group together to show ya around. Here's their site...

www.bmmspark.com

That is one of the sites that appeals to us. It's also the most out of the way but we may make the trip anyway.

Is the camping situation listed on their site still the same with only primative site and no RV hookups? Are there large spots? We will have a 34' motorhome pulling a 12' enclosed trailer.

There's more than one large field area to put a rig like that but I don't know about hook-ups. :censored:

Give us a heads-up and I'm sure we could get a small group together to show ya around.

We will most likely be there during the early part of the week Mon-Wed. Would you still be able to get a small group of hardcore guys to ride?

You suck Scott. There is no way I could get that kind of kitchen pass. But I'll try. At least I'll hook up at DP.

A week of skiing in Denver in early March followed by a long Key West weekend in May for our 25th Anniversary help to take the sting out. The week is still shaping up but plan on ending it in DP. I look forward to riding with you and the TT gang at DP. Tell Ryan I've been working out and I can carry 6 logs for the fire now.

We will most likely be there during the early part of the week Mon-Wed. Would you still be able to get a small group of hardcore guys to ride?

A group of hard-core guys is the easy part, getting Brushy to open on a weekday is another matter.

I've heard they'll open on a weekday for members (I'm not) who ask in advance. If we can find a willing and available local member we'd be good to go.

A group of hard-core guys is the easy part, getting Brushy to open on a weekday is another matter.

I've heard they'll open on a weekday for members (I'm not) who ask in advance. If we can find a willing and available local member we'd be good to go.

Crap! I'm glad you said something. I didn't realize that they weren't open on weekdays. Anything you can do would be greatly appreciated. We'll buy you dinner or lots of beers.:censored:

Brushy Mountain website says it is open to members only on wed & thurs. Do you think they will make an exception? Those are the days we will be in the area.

I just emailed them and asked if a member will take us around on Wednesday or Thursday.

Justride's a TT member at Brushy, maybe we can talk him into going. :censored:

Justride's a TT member at Brushy, maybe we can talk him into going. :censored:

That sounds great. Can you ask him? Do you like technical single track also?

OK I just talkd to Richard Mull at Brushy. We can ride there, midweek, with $100 minimum. So for 4 guys would be $25 a piece. I told him we are looking for 6-10 maybe, but as of right now there will be 4 of us.

Are they any more fellow TT riders out there that would like to ride some technical single track with us midweek?

The dates we are looking at are March 27-29th.

Just a thought, you might want to start a new thread with Brushy and that date to get more exposure for the ride. :censored: