Sign in to follow this  

Scotts Sub Mount

Anyone mounted one on a 2007 YZ 250 2 stroke? Is the bar height very noticable? Any problems with brake line or cables reaching?

TIA

I have one on my '06 250, very noticeable difference in height, along with the Windham bend bar, the bike now fits me better at 6'-2". The cables still fit fine, but I would like to find a longer brake line. Any mfg's make aftermarket brake lines in longer lengths?

TY. I don't really need or want the height but I like the sub mount design better. Just looking the brake line is my concern as it soes not look to have another inch to spare.

I run a Scotts Sub Mount on my 06 YZ 250 with Windam-Mx bars. I only ran into problems with my handguard brackets. I pulled the cable out of it's bracket on the frame right in front of the tank. After that no problems.

I have the Scotts damper TOWER for an al frame YZ250 sub mount if you end up going that route. Used for 2 rides. Ill sell for 40 bucks, normally 75.

Sub mount is the schiz if you run a low to mid rise bar. 25MM rise in the sub mount alone.

Thank you. Anyone know the rise on the pro taper bars that come on a 2007 YZ 250? They look very low, is there lower still to compensate for the 25MM from the sub mount?

i have the sub mount on my yz250, and it moves the standard bars too high for me. i switched to the pro taper universal low bar (which was originally designed to work with those oversize bar clamps that go ontop of stock 7/8" clamps), which put the bars back at about the same (stock) height. couldnt be happier.