Sign in to follow this  

Just Mounted Buddy Pegs on 07 TE-250

Just got them mounted tonight and they look pretty sano.. they would almost work as wheelie bars since I could put my heel on them and my toes on the pegs... I've got size 12 feet and I'm wondering if other guys keep them on when they trail ride and how they do... I'm havin my doubts but when we go camping my little riding buddy will appreciate it (he's 5 and can't ride his little 50 long distances... So give me your input guys !

I have seen very few posts from folks who have installed the buddy pegs. That is why you aren't seeing any replies. I am glad I have them but they are not attached to my TE450 as of this time.

Greg

I had mine mounted and removed a couple of times. My 8 year old still digs riding 2 up so they'll go on again at some point. They didn't get in my way while riding.

My TE450 had them on when I bought it. I wear size 11.5 and could not use the kick starter with them on. That was a good reason to take them off and also save weight. They do look good mounted though but I did not get the bike to have ridders.

I had mine mounted and removed a couple of times. My 8 year old still digs riding 2 up so they'll go on again at some point. They didn't get in my way while riding.

How do you install and remove the "u" bracket with the bolt on the kicker side without messing it up. To get mine off I had to bend the crap out of them.

How do you install and remove the "u" bracket with the bolt on the kicker side without messing it up. To get mine off I had to bend the crap out of them.

I noticed that and I just left it on knowing that I would be using them again.

amen to that bracket on the kicker side... I did alot of "finesse" :censored: work to get that damn thing on and I'm NEVER taking it off again on the off chance that I will put them on again once they do come off. Also did anybody get the proper bolts for the lower mounts ? I had to go back to my dealer and he didn't have them but he bought me some from a fastener store next door.

My TE450 had them on when I bought it. I wear size 11.5 and could not use the kick starter with them on. That was a good reason to take them off and also save weight. They do look good mounted though but I did not get the bike to have ridders.

I've got them on my 450.... dealer asked and I said OK.... This way it was registered as a 2 passenger one 'just in case'. Anyway, I don't think they are that attractive...and really do get in the way kickstarting. That said, I will always avoid kickstarting as long as I can....it's a PITA.

I don't take them on and off. That requires effort.... which is usually in short supply when I've got spare time to do things like that.... :censored:

but I think that they helped on a spill I just had today.... pillion pegs got hit hard, but just some scrapes on the plastic bits.

Oh, mine look like this....is this what most people have?

377371434_a093a9ecf7.jpg