emissions block off kit...

does the emissions block off kit for the 2006 450x just let the bike lose 2 pounds of weight? or does it also give the bike a power gain??

There are other options if you are just doing it to reduce decel popping. http://www.crfsonly.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9509&highlight=

I had a block off kit on my 450x until a ranger at Carnagie was kind enough to advise me that I could be cited for removing it. A few others have also received a little harassing over the smog pump removal but it seems to be fairly rare.

You really can't notice any difference in the way the bike runs between the block off kit and the JB weld smog pump block off. The only real disadvantage is the pump is just so dammed ugly.

• 10 months later...

I have a 2007 450x I blocked off the the three ports on the smog pump and it want start is there any other adjustments i should do. I have a jet kit needle is set at 3rd from top, 2 turns on mix, main is 144 that could be the problem. I put a DR.D pipe on and getting bad decell pop any hint on the problem thank

I have a 2007 450x I blocked off the the three ports on the smog pump and it want start is there any other adjustments i should do. I have a jet kit needle is set at 3rd from top, 2 turns on mix, main is 144 that could be the problem. I put a DR.D pipe on and getting bad decell pop any hint on the problem thank

What jet kit do you have?

144 main is too small, go to a 165 main jet. Your main jet has nothing to do with starting.

What pilot jet do you have?

Smog block off kit.

http://www.crfsonly.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13482url

Not only does it reduce/stop decel popping, It gives the bike a cleaner, uncluttered look w/out that smog pump just behind the radiator. I just removed the smog pump from mine & installed a NCVS needle + #152 main jet. (stock pilot jet) The bike behaves quite a bit better with only the jetting change. (no other mods)

After i put the pipe on i went to a 48 pilot went up one from stock and have a FMF jet kit

So what did you use out of the Jet Kit, just the needle, or did the 48 pilot come with that kit too? Were there any #'s or letters stamped onto the needle? Did the kit come with a needle? Bump the main up.

So what did you use out of the Jet Kit, just the needle, or did the 48 pilot come with that kit too? Were there any #'s or letters stamped onto the needle? Did the kit come with a needle? Bump the main up.

The needle came with the kit, kit comes with needle main jets from 130 to 144 or 148 the highest and a tool to adjust the mix, pilot i got from the shop.48 pilot DR.D is what they told me to put in

So the jet kit is pretty much useless then. A 148 main is the biggest in the kit? Thats pretty crazy and sucks. Basically you got a needle out of the kit and from the sounds of it FMF did not do any type of reseach when they put the kit together. I bet the needle is a Kehin needle. Personally i would chalk that kit up as a loss and get a NCVS needle put it in the 3rd pos., see if the shop you got the 48 pilot from will trade it for a 42 pilot, or just run the stock 45, then buy a 168 main jet. Or see if you can trade some of those smaller main jets for the ones you need. Heck i would just take the kit back, it sounds like it is for the wrong bike anyways. Well the new set up will cost you about $30 and be 200% better.

went up to a 160 main today still the same problem spark plug is wet thanks man for all the info I will try that and see if that works. I might just get a JD jet kit should have gone with that in the first place they have there stuff dialed . I have the block off kit coming from applied race in utah they do not check for the emissions thanks again if you have any other info let me know

• 7 years later...