Sign in to follow this  

How can yu tell if you need to revalve your suspension?

Is ther a generic way to tell wether your forks/shock need a revalve? Sounds, feel, roughness in the ride?

How is it that we are supposed to tell?

is your suspension compliant ? does it suck up the very small stuff ? . how does it deal with square edged potholes ? does it do all this and can deal with the big hits ?

the question is do you have a compliant , smooth action ?

if not , a revalve is the answer , provided you have the correct spring rate

oil weight and correct levels are important .

Kev, first, do you have the right springs in it for your weight? If so, can you adjust the suspension till it pleases you? If you find you have the right springs, but no adjustments feel good, then a fluiid change, re-valve is a definite.

how many miles are on the bike?

It may need new oil , nitrogen or bushings.

Is the sag set properly?

You may need a different spring.

Ride some different bikes. Regardless of make, it gives perspective. You'll feel like you've been getting the short end, once you ride a well set up bike.

It may need new oil ,

Sorry if Im hijacking but the orig. poster may also want to know the answer to this.

I always got on my buddy for not changing fork oil in his DRZ back when I had a MX bike. Ive had my DRZ (s) for almost 2 years now and Ive never worried about changing my fork oil. I guess I prob should. What is the oil change interval if you ride +90% trail? Not really understanding these particular forks has prob. held me back. Can you simply undo the damper bolt on the bottom and drain without taking the fork of the clamp? (2001 DRZS)