Sign in to follow this  

Which pipe for the 250x>

Hey guys, Im looking to put a pipe on my 05 250x. Im trying to find out which pipes work best and which one require the least amount of work. Are there major differences between the r and x model pipes? Thanks.

I have a Dr. D SIS pipe with the Low-Boy header and the quiet insert & spark arrestor. It make awesome low-mid, and still adds power to the top end. I have a couple of R's also, have used different pipes and like the Dr. D best. There are better pipes for pure top end, but most people ride 250X's in the woods, and the low-mid gains there from the Dr. D are really noticable. I even put one on my 2006 R model for motocross.

I went with the FMF Powercore Ti. It is a slip-on and took about 20 mins to install. It may not be the best pipe... but it was the best pipe for the money.

Van

Ive got a white bros carbon pro II on my x. its very loud and its a handful on a tight trail. it helps it to rev quicker, but sometimes that can be a bad thing. ive had a couple people tell me that the pro circuit ti4 works well on the x. its cheaper too.

Yoshimara TRC comp is a great pipe, has a Sparky, and dB insert. I have that on my 250R.

I also loved my CHM pipe on my 250X, it was great!

I have the FMF Q2 S/A with the powerbomb stainless steel header and I love it. Good bottom to mid end and is pretty quiet.

I've had a Leo Vince full system on my 04 250x for about 8 months, and I think it's great. No complaints. I like the quality of the pipe compared to other cheaper options, and it doesn't sacrifice the low end grunt...which is why somebody buys the X over the R. It's funny how you don't hear much about these pipes. My whole thinking was based on the fact that it's not a motocross pipe manufacturer that plugs up their track pipe for the woods. Leo Vince builds quality stuff while considering noise issues from the start of the design....not an afterthought. The one downside is that they are expensive.

Hey guys, Im looking to put a pipe on my 05 250x. Im trying to find out which pipes work best and which one require the least amount of work. Are there major differences between the r and x model pipes? Thanks.

I like the FMF Ti Powercore also. It allows the engine to rev faster, develop more of a hit in the mid-range, and have more over-rev. There was some loss of low-end, but putting in the Power-Now intake wing brought that back. I race the bike mostly and I went to this set-up to reduce weight and get more "burst power" to make passing easier, but some throttle control is necessary in the woods. It was also cheap for a titanium slip-on, and a little quieter than the stock muffler uncorked. Most all of these aftermarket mufflers are designed for the R, but come with an adapter sleeve when ordered for the X to fit the smaller diameter header.

CHM all the way. It rips from bottom, mid, top. I even installed on one my wife's CRF150 and it made a huge difference!

CHM all the way. It rips from bottom, mid, top. I even installed on one my wife's CRF150 and it made a huge difference!

Amen.

My CHM on my 250X was awesome. Loved and power and feel. Did great with 13/51 gearing for track.