Sign in to follow this  

03 thru 07 klx110

Any major changes, or minor for that matter with the KLX110 03-07? Thinking of picking one up used if I find a clean one. Any way to buy somewhere in a crate new for cheap? :censored:

Thanks

-KLX history and model variances

2002: Was the first year for the klx110 to come out. It has a few parts that are not interchangable with the various years. It is speculated that the 2002 klx had a few issues relating to its transmission and crank. Frame color is green or black.

2003:Kawasaki revamped the bike relating the issues found in the 2002 model. The transmission is suppose to be differnt, as well as the crank and engine case when compared to the 2002 model. Suzuki begins to offer the DRZ110. It is the exact same bike as the Kawisaki but has yellow plastic and a yellow gas tank. Kawisaki frames were black or green while the Suzuki was gray.

2004: No changes. Both Suzuki and Kawisaki frame color was gray/silver. This was the last year for the DRZ110 as the Kawasaki and Suzuki partnership ended.

2005: Pretty much the same as the 2004 model, but Kawasaki changed the shift shaft. 2005 and up klx utilizes a differnt shifter due to the amount of splines on the shaft. The frame was still silver/gray.

2006: Stock carb was changed which made the carb harder to mod when running engine mods. Frame still silver/gray.

2007: BNG Bold New Graphics

Thanks for the info!:censored: It's my wifes first bike:eek: and I'm torn between the klx110 and the crf70. She's only 5'tall and 100lbs so it's not like she's too big, I'm just not sure which way I want to go.

Thanks for the info!:censored: It's my wifes first bike:eek: and I'm torn between the klx110 and the crf70. She's only 5'tall and 100lbs so it's not like she's too big, I'm just not sure which way I want to go.

Definitely get the 110. The CRF70 is underpowered for someone of her size. My son's have gone from the 70 to the 110 and both can handle it no problem.

I ended up going with the crf80f. I guess were gonna try the clutch thing. The other bikes were just too low and she wasn't comfortable on them. Thanks for the info!