Sign in to follow this  

sony hc32+helmetcam stress

:censored: need help i have a sonyhc32 vidcam and a new 560 helmetcam but i can only get sound no vid need help im pulling my hair out cant work out how to make sony film from helmetcam

I checked it out on camcorderinfo.com and I don't think your camcorder can do a helmet cam. With a helmetcam (at least the ones I use) you need a mini a/v in port and record in the playback mode, the way you would if you were copying from a vcr or such. Unfortunately I don't see that port on your camera.

I checked it out on camcorderinfo.com and I don't think your camcorder can do a helmet cam. With a helmetcam (at least the ones I use) you need a mini a/v in port and record in the playback mode, the way you would if you were copying from a vcr or such. Unfortunately I don't see that port on your camera.

yes the HC 32 will do helmet cam. it's one of the more popular ones for the helmet cam applications

I think you have to set it on the "play" setting instead of the camera setting. I know when I plug in my LANC cable it automatically switches to the "play" mode, and records from there. Haven't used mine without the LANC for a long time.

You need that funny plug that goes in the left side of the camera.

Anyone know where to get a 90 degree adapter for that cable???? Found one site, but they don't show the connections on the other end, and I think it only works for their brand helmet cam.... (don't have the link handy, but it is in a discussion here on TT)