What happened to the TT billet kickstand?

Same...No problems with mine either and I've had it since they first started selling them...However I don't put any weight on the stand other than the DRZ itself (Which was the intended use)...

I remember a post that brought some attention to them. They are a sidestand, not intended to take the force of someone kick-starting their bike. I have one and have had no problems with it.

Broken

Broken Weld

HH

I'm glad I bought mine before they were discontinued, I love it. I had my suspension lowered and the stock stand was a little too long. I installed the SM stand and it's the perfect length. The bling factor doesn't hurt either, but my purchase was out of necessity. I think it's a product that needs to be "continued".

my advise - don't get one. I had one for a few months, and due to a motor swap and other things, probably had my bike on the stand a MAX of 8-10 times. NEVER stood or sat on the bike while it was on the stand. 99% of the time my bike was at home it was on my Sears jackstand and not even using the sidestand. Nevertheless, it completely broke in half where it was welded together!

my advise - don't get one. / it completely broke in half where it was welded together!

Nobody from the TT Store has chimed in on this thread, I guess they don't want to offer this product again? Was it poor quality control from their supplier? Mine has held up fine, and many others have reported good luck in earlier posts. It's a shame about the all the bad ones, because if you were lucky enough to get a good one, it sure looks better than the stocker.

The TT store called me the other day after I placed an order, and I asked them over the phone. They don't offer it because of all the issues above. People would try to start their bikes by kicking it over with the kickstand down. Others just didnt feel it was strong enough, so they stopped production.:applause: