Sign in to follow this  

Best Pit Bike for the Money

I'm new to the world of pit bikes, but I must admit they look cool.

If money was an issue, what would be the best pit bike for the money. I have heard that Icon puts out a very good 90cc bike. What about modifying a CRF50? Too costly? I'm looking for the best bang for my buck....

Modding a crf50 can get VERY expensive if your looking for more than just say a big bar kit and an extended swingarm...

Best bang for the buck all depends on your price range? $600? $800? $1000? $1500?

Some where in between...

For around $800 check out the SSR 110-A1, or C3

For around $1000 I would look for a new SSR C4, or 90R, or maybe a slightly used Pitster.

For around $1500 check out the Pitster X2, X4, or SSR B2

• Like 1

I got a fully modded 04 KLX110 for $1500. Suspension, 138cc, pipe, bars, carb, the works, couldn't be happier with it. Try to look for something like that.

I got a fully modded 04 KLX110 for $1500. Suspension, 138cc, pipe, bars, carb, the works, couldn't be happier with it. Try to look for something like that.

smart man:thumbsup:

klx110's are made in tiawan not japan, but there still good quality. thats what i ride, and would be my recomendation.

Oops.

My Sentra SER was made in Mexico, but I still think it is Japanese (although I have had some problems...).

don't for get to check out orion pit bikes I hear nothing but good things about them and all but one are under 1000.00

crf 50s are great..all hondas are great, but generally people ask way to much, or they beat the crap outta them. i got an ssr and its great. it needed a few minor things like grips and levers, but i had a budget, and to mod out a crf you'll spend alot more than if you buy a sikk, or ssr, and eventually completley mod it out

Thank you.

So basically I should look at Pitster, Thumpstar, SSR, KLX (already moded), Orion, or a CRF (already moded).