Sign in to follow this  

crf150f...adult suspension

Does anybody recomend the bbr linkage(raises seat height 1 inch), shock spring, and fork springs as a good way to make the suspension on my crf150f more adult friendly.

If all you are going to do is play around in the back yard & don't want to spend alot of money then I think that will suit you just fine . you must have a big yard LOL.

What does "more adult friendly" mean? Adults can range anywhere from 100-300 pounds.....

Im about 6-1, 220. I really didn't want to spend more money to get a bigger bike, and i don't really care about going any faster and hitting jumps (I'm im good shape but I'm pushin 40). I just want to adjust the bike to my height and weight. Ill worry about performace(exhaust, carb, aircleaner, etc...) later.

If you buy the bbr linkage (+1 inch) I would recomend buying the bbr top tripple clamp because it raise the font (+1 inch). And also for your weight you should buy the bbr forks and shock springs.

opps did not see that last post of yours at 220lbs you mite consider one bbr spring and one stock spring with some heavy fork oil

opps did not see that last post of yours at 220lbs you mite consider one bbr spring and one stock spring with some heavy fork oil

Mmmmmm.....180 pounds and up are what the BBR springs are made for. He will be fine with the BBR springs. And also get the BBR linkage and triple clamp.

do you own bbr springs (front and rear) my dad is liike 250 and when he rides my bike with the bbr front and rear springs he hates it because he thinks there too stiff and remeber he is like 250lbs

It all depends on what you like. Its really easy for a 150 lbs kid to max the crud out of a 230 even with the BBR springs. But thats for a motocrosser. For trails it might be a different story.

It all depends on what you like. Its really easy for a 150 lbs kid to max the crud out of a 230 even with the BBR springs. But thats for a motocrosser. For trails it might be a different story.

considering that a 230 is a trail bike.. i really hope that people dont expect the suspension to be exceptional on the track..

Thanks to all that responded. Im going to install the springs and the linkage. I have to wait until i get some extra money for the triple bar clamp.