Sign in to follow this  

Is this a decent price for an '05 YZ 250?

I'm in the market for a YZ250. I have found an '05 the guy wants $3600 for. It has pro circuit pipe and silencer and full suspension revalve that happens to be setup for my weight and riding ability (big plus!).

Bike looks VERY clean from the pics and just had a new top end about 3 engine hours ago. Besides that everything else is pretty much stock.

Do you think its worth $3600? The owner didn't know exactly how many engine hours but guessed somewhere around 75. Current owner is the original owner and it has never been raced, just weekend riding.

Thanks!

That price sounds fair. I say with the springs already for your weight and revalve - go for it!

atmotocrosser - can you elaborate on the suspension changes from 05 to 06? I know from '03 to '04 the suspension change was significant in that they went to a dual chamber system and 48mm.

Thanks atmotocrosser. Just got my Yammy last weekend so I'm learning about them. In the quick search I did TT and Google, it looks like SSS is all about the valving.

I'm sure there's more to it than that? Just trying to learn as I'm about to throw $$ at my suspension for off road.

Thanks atmotocrosser. Just got my Yammy last weekend so I'm learning about them. In the quick search I did TT and Google, it looks like SSS is all about the valving.

I'm sure there's more to it than that? Just trying to learn as I'm about to throw $$ at my suspension for off road.

My best sugestion would be to send it to California. My personal choices are RG3 and Pro Circuit.