Sign in to follow this  

DOT-Tires/Michellin & Metzler?

Looking for feedback on Michellin and Metzler DOT dirt tires. Have heard a bunch of info on the Pirelli MT's and got all the info I need there.

Michellin and Metzler of interest and would like to know how they perform on your bike.

Thanks.:censored::ride::lol::applause: :applause: :applause:

My 06 TE450 came with Mich Endurocross III's and they're ok. The rear is good on everything but real loose sand where it doesn't hook up so well. Probably due mostly to the FIM restriction on knob height. The front I'm not so thrilled with seems to wash out unpredicatebly on me. They both work alot better on the road then I thought they would. Nice stable feeling even when aired down a bit. I think I am going to try the Pirelli's next.

OK! thanks......

Also interested in Bridgestone? Michellin Baja looks like a good choice.

How about the Metzler - KAROO?

I guess the price is high on these but qualitly is my interest.

I've got a new set of Karoos on my DR650 and with only about 200 miles I'm really liking them. Pretty good size knobs and fairly open design but they will hang in there on the street too. I ride about 75% dirt on mine. I can't address the life expectancy, but I've read it is comparable to the best DOT knobbies.

thanks.......... thats the kind info I am looking for. I am willing to give up milage for stickiness.

Do both tires hold the terrain/road evenly or does one tire hook up better than the other?

I ride Karoos in the summer/spring, and Michelin s12s in the winter. Karoos are great, really good on the street, and pretty good in the dirt as well. The front will last forever, the rear not so long if you ride aggressive. Just fair warning, as with any dot tire, they suck in mud or snow. They pack up and are worthless, hence the Michelin s12s in winter. Theyre not nearly as good on the street, but I ride about 95% dirt, so it makes no difference to me.

+1 on the bajas, they have been outlasting mt21's by at least a third. They howl like crazy on the road though.

I had been using mt18 HD for on the front, tried a 606 and was a little disappointed in how long it lasted.

I ordered an IRC BR-92 front yesterday, haven't heard anything about them, but they look decent.:applause: