Sign in to follow this  

Trade in question

We have 2 CRF450's-an '03 and an '05. We are thinking of trading them both in for an '07 KX450. Which dealer do you think would give us the best deal on doing this? How much extra do you think we will have to pay-it would be nice to trade straight across but I'm sure they will want extra cash! I only know the dealers in the Salem area, where are some others?

I think you'd be much better of selling both CRF's to private buyers and then bringing cash to the Kawi dealer. You'll end up taking a bath on that deal with trade ins.

Stay away from Cycle Sports....far away. If you don't mind the drive, Powersports in Roseburg is worth the effort. No pressure, and straight shooters. I'll make the drive for future bikes.

Too many choices to have to deal with bad shops.

Good luck.

I agree with the craig's list suggestion. I've had great luck selling things on there. And it's free, so nothing to lose. Make sure you post pictures, that makes all the difference.

Cycle Sports-I know about them (unfortunatly) If you enjoy the worst used car salesman experience you have ever had-go to Cycle Sports,you will be ecstatic!

I know we should sell the bikes first, but I am impatient!

Cycle Sports-I know about them (unfortunatly) If you enjoy the worst used car salesman experience you have ever had-go to Cycle Sports,you will be ecstatic!

I know we should sell the bikes first, but I am impatient!

OK....so i'll give you half of blue book on both ( like the stealer), then I'LL sell them on craigslist as i am not impatient. they will find a scratch on them ( its a dirtbike man!), and offer you a real lowball price, more than likely.

Joe

dont trade then in. I traded in a bike once. It was an 03 ktm 450exc with 16 hours on it. I traded it in in late 04. They gave me $3200 dollars. it was wort more like 5500. but i needed to trade it in. so,,,, dont

I agree with selling them. But for sake of ease I understand trade in also. Call Matt Fishler and tell him Luke sent you. He is at Motosprt Hillsboro 503-648-4555

Thanks-we are pretty sure we are going to Motosport. It is just a lot of hassle when you have something for sale and all kinds of people come to your house, ride your bikes, call, set a time and don't show up, and most of them are not serious anyway.:censored:

Where in oregon are you? I work at a yamaha dealer and we have an 05 I do believe that was traded in with about an hour on it. Guy bought it and ride it once ant traded it in on something a little more sadate, a yamaha. I am in walla walla washington by the way.

Depending how far you want to go, Edge Sports in Ontario, Oregon will give a great deal on 07 Kawy's. Phone number 541-889-7272