Sign in to follow this  

Flywheel weights.

Now that Steahly has come out with a 7 and 9 oz flywheel weight for the 150

i was wondering if anybody has tried either weight? I ordered a 7 oz for my daughters bike.

I have a 9oz weight coming for my wife's bike. I'll post a report as soon as we get it installed and put some laps in.

Basically the idea it generally to buy a FWW that is heavier than the stock unit. This makes the motor spin up a bit slower and also makes the bike less prone to stall when making minor mistakes at slow speeds.

The drawback is a hit on performance in how fast the motor will spin up to full rpms.

It is a popular mod for people who ride an MX bike on technical trails or who just want to tame the snap of the power a bit. It can also translate to better traction.

ben

i have one coming too from stealthy.

Camp- did you install yours yet? Do you need to pull the flywheel to install it?

i have one coming too from stealthy.

Camp- did you install yours yet? Do you need to pull the flywheel to install it?

I'm supposed to get it any day now. You'll need a flywheel puller and a ignition side gasket to do the job.

aw man, steathly didnt say anything about an ignition side gasket. and I did ask what I needed

I'm supposed to get it any day now. You'll need a flywheel puller and a ignition side gasket to do the job.

aw man, steathly didnt say anything about an ignition side gasket. and I did ask what I needed

They are only a couple of bucks so I wouldn't sweat it. If you are lucky, you may be able to salvage your old one.

let me know how it goes on install and I'll do the same

Thanks for the advice

They are only a couple of bucks so I wouldn't sweat it. If you are lucky, you may be able to salvage your old one.

The 150 R uses the same flywheel puller as the 450s. And you will proberly

need the case gasket too. I am waiting for the gasket then I will install her

7 oz flywheel weight. I ran a 9 oz on my 2003 450 R and that was just right.

where did you order the case gasket from?

The 150 R uses the same flywheel puller as the 450s. And you will proberly

need the case gasket too. I am waiting for the gasket then I will install her

7 oz flywheel weight. I ran a 9 oz on my 2003 450 R and that was just right.

Where are the ride reports...bahhhhhaaaaaa

ben

I just finished installing a 9oz Steahly weight on my wife's bike a few minutes ago. I also installed an MRD header that Dave custom built for me that is designed to improve low end torque and midrange power. We will do some testing tomorrow with a report to follow. I'm expecting the bike to be much easier to ride for novices and off road riders as well as adults that need more low end torque to pull their weight.