Sign in to follow this  

2008 Betas

I just saw the 2008 Betas in the new Dirt Bike Magazine. It said they were importing them in '08 as soon as they get the distribution set up. Looks like they will have two "dual sport" bikes based on their dirt bike models just like Husky and KTM. I know these bikes use KTM motors but does anyone have experience with them? If the price is right and they look good, maybe I'll join the Beta family!

I have a 2005 beta RR 450 and love it. However, I have not ridden a 4stroke KTM so I can't give you that compairason. I do have a buddy thats an a/b enduro rider give it a go while he was testing a crf450r, wr250 (with ice cube big bore kit) and my beta. He liked the Beta best out of all of them. His bike is a ktm 250xc smoker. I know the stock parts on my beta are what alot of guys upgrade to.

pips, did you plate your RR? Through the dealer or did they push that proces onto you?

I'm seriously considering selling off my beastly LC4 enduro for one of those leftover RR's down at RMC. Plate is a deal breaker though.

three of us (me and two friends) all bought 2005 Beta 450 rr as left overs in the spring of 2006 from Beaverton Honda. These were first bikes for all of us. So far we have been very happy with them. All three of them were plated from the dealership and we had no problems getting them plated in Washington.

Thanks for the input.

No plate via RMC I was told. I'm sure it's do-able but I'm kinda of the mind that a new moto sold with all the pieces to make it road legal should get the plate off the floor so that I'm not buying a lottery ticket. ie: get the wrong person on the wrong day at the DMV.

Of course, I did this once already with my LC4 which wasn't one of the legal ones out of the crate so I guess I shouldn't be too concerned.

Yeah, the WA ones aren't plated from RMC. You can wait till the 2008 come in. the deal was the ones rmc got are the RR's (race ready) i guess that was the disclamer. But I got mine plated, and I heard of another guy getting his plated too doing what I suggested he do. And this is how I did it. Buy the bike, wait till your tabs show up then go right the a a dmv affielate office. explain nicley to them that thie bikes intent was to be duel sported but RMC messed up and won't do it. Hopefull the person will go in to Olympia's recerds and change the box on your title that says ORV to say CYC before Olympia has sent it off to you. Then bingo, you get your plate.

I have ridden them and I like the way they ride a little bit more than my 450 EXC, I really like the Betas!

but they sure r heavy

117 kg for the 250 !!!

and thats with an empty fuel tank !!!

i mean come on seriously

you get 550's and 525's out there that are lighter than that

I've got a friend that's been looking at the Betas for a year or so. They are easy to plate from RMC. The titles don't have a "for off road use only" tag on them. You can go straight to the DMV and get a plate. But, that doesn't make it "Street legal" if you get pulled over. I've been riding for YEARS, and have still yet to see on of those things on the trails. Not even at the Desert 100... Guess they all must be too far behind me. :banghead:

I've got a friend that's been looking at the Betas for a year or so. They are easy to plate from RMC. The titles don't have a "for off road use only" tag on them. You can go straight to the DMV and get a plate. But, that doesn't make it "Street legal" if you get pulled over. I've been riding for YEARS, and have still yet to see on of those things on the trails. Not even at the Desert 100... Guess they all must be too far behind me. :banghead:

they are real easy to plate since they have a street legal version it is the "RS" model.

'08 450 Beta is a fantastic bike. Better than '07 due to a better frame rigidity, engine is like perfect, susps and look great ! This bike and 450 Sherco are the best i've tried this year...I hope for 08 to try Kawie and Honda (still the same)