Sign in to follow this  

1995 YZ 250 carburetor

I am in need of a carburetor for my blaster.I'm running a KX 250 carb,which is identical to the YZ carb,but it runs like crap.I switched my buddy's yz carb and it ran great.As far as I know,1995 is the only year with a carb like mine.Other years might work,but I don't know.Please help as I really want to get this bike running good.

blaster5.jpg

for starters is that a pict of the engine you are running in your blaster? if it is what is the motor out of. but as for the carb if the carb is the same bore size and the one of of your buddies yamaha you may just be able to change the jets and needles and get the engine to run decent. i would just try switching that stuff cause jets are alot cheeper than a complete carb. you may also have to mess around with the mixture screw a little. hope this helps

It's a 95 YZ 250 engine.Yes,it's a blaster frame.My buddy is running a 48 pilot (same for me) and a 160 main.I had a 150 lying around and put that in.I used my slide and needle in his carb.His runs great on my blaster and mine runs terrible.0 to 1/3 throttle is fine,but any more and it starts to miss.Hard to tell if it sounds rich.Usually,if it's lean,it will cut out.But mine doesn't do that.If you punch the gas wide open from down low,the rpm's build,but it's rough.I've tried different main's,moved the needle,but couldn't ever get it to smooth out.Then I put my buddy's carb on and it works like magic.The reason I want another carb is because I've tried tuning this one and can't get it.I think it's something about the carb.I did notice at the venturi,his stick's out further than mine,and mine has a 1/8 cutout in it at the top.I'm just tired of messing with it.

A 150 main jet is far too small. Try a 170 and see if that is not better. This is assuming you have a stock Kehin carb. My thought is that your so far off at 150 that it

is impossible to tell anything.